What do you do if your keyless entry fob stop working and your out?

supra360

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 1999 RT/10 and this has happen to me twice now, I go out park the car, use my fob to lock the car, When I come back my fob doesn't unlock the car. Lucky I was close to home and I got a family member to bring my spare fob. ( put two new batteries in both fobs and it happen again) I have reading that if you accidentally press the lock and unlock button at the same time it erases the memory, and another question is there a anti theft alarm on the car?

Any tip on how to get back into your car? and why this is happening to me?

Thanks

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What timing. The exact same thing just happened to me 30 minutes ago. Stand on the drivers side and point the fob to the hood speaker. Hold both buttons down until the horn honks, might take 20 seconds or so. Once it honks test out each button. That should do it. If not you will need to disable the alarm until the dealer can look at it.

My 98 has a disable alarm in the glove box. Open the glove box, feel around at the top, when you find the key hole insert the Viper key and turn it. That will disable the alarm.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
......My 98 has a disable alarm in the glove box. Open the glove box, feel around at the top, when you find the key hole insert the Viper key and turn it. That will disable the alarm.

just went out and checked mine, cool beans chuck, thanks

btw, does it just disable the alarm or the alarm and the remote locks :dunno:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats why I replace the batteries in my fobs every 3 years just like the car battery.

OP
OP
S

supra360

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What timing. The exact same thing just happened to me 30 minutes ago. Stand on the drivers side and point the fob to the hood speaker. Hold both buttons down until the horn honks, might take 20 seconds or so. Once it honks test out each button. That should do it. If not you will need to disable the alarm until the dealer can look at it.

My 98 has a disable alarm in the glove box. Open the glove box, feel around at the top, when you find the key hole insert the Viper key and turn it. That will disable the alarm.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1999 RT/10 doesn't have a place to unlock the door with a key.

Um, yes it most certainly does. Use the key to open the rear window, then reach in the rear window and manually pull down on the door pillar latch. This can be done on both the GTS and the RT/10. You then open your glove box and insert your key into the alarm-disable keyhole on the upper part of the glovebox.

Here's the owner's manual video to explain it. Go to 5:45 and the Chrysler guys will show you how:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953dUTruR6A

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both I believe.

thanks

and

Um, yes it most certainly does. Use the key to open the rear window, then reach in the rear window and manually pull down on the door pillar latch. This can be done on both the GTS and the RT/10. You then open your glove box and insert your key into the alarm-disable keyhole on the upper part of the glovebox.

Here's the owner's manual video to explain it. Go to 5:45 and the Chrysler guys will show you how:

thanks (watched all 3 ) :2tu:

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

noted!!! awesome.

OP
OP
S

supra360

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thank you so much for that video!!