What do you think of the McViper?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for my tardiness guys. I've actually had to work for a living today :buttkick: As for the McViper, ugliest Viper ever. Period. :D

Seriously, I love mine! I've been told many times that the yellow wheels really set off the red paint and I agree. Sure I've heard some negative comments about it, but believe it or not, some people just dont like any Vipers nomatter what wheels are on it :shocked:

When I first saw mine, I said I would change the wheels. After a few days, I loved them. Yes, it sticks out like a sore thumb, but what Viper doesn't? A Viper is crazy over the top anyway so maybe all Vipers should've come with yellow wheels :) ! The fact there were only 166 made also appeals to me. If I had to guess, I'd say there are 50 or less left in the country with the stock wheels. As for collectibility, "Vipers Buyers Guide" by Maurice Liang gives the 96' RT/10s 4 out of 5 stars because of their special color combos and future potential value. Most carshows, VCA events, etc. that I attend, I always hear "I've seen a Viper before, but never a McViper". Thats pretty cool if you ask me. To sum it up, would I buy another McViper in the future? YES. And Baz almost had it right, red adds horsepower, yellow adds torque :)

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like 'em. BTW if you looking to get a rare RT-10 thats going to be worth alot one day, you should get a 1997 B/W RT-10.

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like 'em. BTW if you looking to get a rare RT-10 thats going to be worth alot one day, you should get a 1997 B/W RT-10.
Tuff to find these for sale, and I'm not ready to shell out $60K just yet.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
p.s.--I've been told by a few people that the cars look much better in real life as opposed to photos. I agree with that as well. I have never really liked the way my avatar came out. The wheels look WAY brighter than the paint for some reason. But in real life, the paint and wheels have a matching intensity level that makes the car look way more balanced. The pic at the beginning of this thread looks awesome and is a great visual representation of how a McViper looks in real life :2tu: BUY IT!!! :D

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are totally different in person. Our club president has one, and I never really liked them until I saw his up close.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think collectible when ever I see one.

Cool shot I copied for Chad
4030DSC02782-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

V

venms96

Viper - Rare
166 of em - very Rare
Color Combo - very Rare
Interesting history/story about the car
American Muscle with lots of horsepower
and...that car in the showroom looks beautiful. If you are considering that specific car, it looks great from the outside. I'm sure the price has to suit your needs, but a lot of car, different than the others and probably for a decent price. Go for it. There are a lot more "far out" colors out there in the older car world, look at some of the old Plymouth, Dodge colors from the past, and look at the $$'s they are bringing these days.
So, the wheels are yellow......look at that red paint !!
Just my opinion of course.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I have to say I really like them, but not because of the
colour combo persay. I like the fact that these were the
last three colours combos (Blk/Slv - Red/Yel - Wht/Blu)
Dodge introduced without adding "Edition" to the end of it.

What I personally like is the fact that all three combos
are so different from each other that they appealed to
a much broader base of customers.

I'd own a McV if I wasn't so in love with the Wht/Blue.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
p.s.--I've been told by a few people that the cars look much better in real life as opposed to photos. I agree with that as well.
You like like you own a gen3. :eek: :D

I have never really liked the way my avatar came out. The wheels look WAY brighter than the paint for some reason. But in real life, the paint and wheels have a matching intensity level that makes the car look way more balanced. The pic at the beginning of this thread looks awesome and is a great visual representation of how a McViper looks in real life :2tu: BUY IT!!! :D
Seriously though, it's a limitation to digital photography. I just like the fact that the color combo irks Ferarri owners to no end. :2tu:

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like:

14 love it!
7 sort of like it but mostly do not like the wheels
2 absolutely hate it!

As for me, I absolutely love it now! Now, I need to again, convince the wife that the substantial jump in price from a GenI to this 96' is worth it! Any ideas on that one fellas?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reserve judgement until I see one in person. IMO, with what little photographic skill I have, the Viper is a tough car to photograph well. To me, the red/yellow combination always looks a little "cartoon-ish" in photos, so I want to see one in person. I'm sure it's full on bad @$$ to the naked eye, and with that expectation in mind, I like it.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< I need to again, convince the wife that the substantial jump in price from a GenI to this 96' is worth it! Any ideas on that one fellas? >>

ask, schmask. just tell her you are getting it and she will enjoy it, period.

you newlyweds crack me up.
You must be registered for see images

:D

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John maybe jeff will let you drive it so you will have a viper to go on our cruises.

I heard somewhere that the mcviper had something to do with Hulk Hpgan. Don't know for sure just something I heard.

Jeff nice looking car maybe you could put the stock wheels off of your GTS on it. :cool: :bonker:

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff nice looking car maybe you could put the stock wheels off of your GTS on it.
Those stockers are looooong gone Rob. I LOVE the yellow wheels! Maybe I can borrow your originals when I want a change, or better yet, you can borrow the yellows to put on your black RT if you get tired of the 5 spokes? :D Never saw a black with yellow wheels. We'd have to come up with a name for that! ;) Even though some may not like the color scheme, at least I can say it's a 'REAL' Viper, unlike some other guy on here 'claiming' to have a Paxton blown GTS that nobody's seen yet! :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the mcviper had something to do with Hulk Hpgan.

Hogan owned one for some time (maybe still does) but unless there's info I'm
unaware of, the design had nothing to do with him.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that the mcviper had something to do with Hulk Hpgan.

Hogan owned one for some time (maybe still does) but unless there's info I'm unaware of, the design had nothing to do with him.

hulk (had/has)(?) a 94 viper painted yelllow and red - "his colors" he says.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Even though some may not like the color scheme, at least I can say it's a 'REAL' Viper, unlike some other guy on here 'claiming' to have a Paxton blown GTS that nobody's seen yet! >>

ya know leeho - if you keep talking like that, i may have to finally go out and buy myself one of these viper thingies after all! :D

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From pictures, not my favorite. Would love to see one up close however to really formulate my opinion. I agree that some colors are very very difficult to photo well.

Jay H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My second favorite color is the red yellow only behind 92-95 red rt10. Go For IT! If people laugh just tellem that you own 90% of all McDonolds In the World.(BILLIONS AND BILLIONS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought mine 5 years ago, I really thought they looked fugly and would have not considered one even if it was cheap.

5 years later, I would REALLY want to have one, the colorcombo is one of the most hated and loved. Today if I were considering a -96 or older RT/10, the McViper would be high on the list. (if not #1...)

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wife took one look at the pic and the look on her face pretty much made the decision for me. Looks like I'm gonna continue on my quest for a more 'conservative' looking Viper. :D

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I love mine. When I first saw it advertised, I thought, those wheels have to go. Same as Chad, within 3 days, I had cancelled the new wheels.
They do look much better up close.
Mine is undergoing RHD conversion at the moment and I will post pics when it is completed.
Here is a pic of in LA pre conversion.
It will be the second Mc Viper in Australia

8062Snake_drivers_side-med.JPG