What does everyone think of the Daytona Vipers? Opinions wanted.

S

SUN RA KAT

They look pretty nice and not ricey. It looks like a Viper that should be on a race course, but is on the street.
smile.gif

I wouldn't buy one since I've spent all my car money on my Yellow GTS and a lot of mods on it. Also, the Daytona Viper doesn't come in Yellow.
tongue.gif

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mmm rice? anything not functional on a car i call rice. simplistic approach, but keeps things clear...

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT's a very cool car that looks really sweet, but I wouldn't spend my extra $$ on it, I'm not a wing or sticker person.

I'm simple, solid black GTS with black wheels please.

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A very prominate car on the road... you won't be missed in any
crowd of cars...

Very nice setup with the Viper.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The Daytona was going to be a factory option package in 2001. Even showed up on dealer sheets with a code but it never came to be. the 1998 GT-2 was a package to celebrate that great race year and the Daytona it was to celebtrate the Big Daytona Victory.

An aftermarket package duplicated the "Daytona"look. Here's some pics.
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/007240.html

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Stitely:
What does a Daytona Viper look like? Anyone have a picture?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic of Liz's '01 Daytona (currently for sale @ Woodhouse). She traded it back to Bill to make room for our '03, which is in "D" status - yay!

You must be registered for see images

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Well,

Actually there WAS 1 factory Daytona. We got to autocross in it last year and it has a special history, winning 1 Lap of America and all. Here are some pics I took with the history at the bottom of the post:
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/009282.html

I first saw a Daytona package on a dealer option sheet about Jan 2001 when I was nosing around there one day. Looked like it was coming out but never did. Don't know why. See any similarities to the 2002 FE Vipers?

A bit more is at:
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum14/HTML/009479.html

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
Marv S,
why did it not come be a factory option?
that would have been sweet!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it looks rice at all...You really need to see it in person to really appreciate it...It is a little over the top looking for a street car and people do seem to go nuts over it...I had a GTS and while that drew a considerable amount of attention, the attention the Daytona draws is unbelievable in comparison...

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
roovain,
Good upbeat post!

I would buy one in a heatbeat (if I could afford one). They are fantastically striking Vipers.

Ben,
You guys have to miss that car. I can only imagine the power mods in your yellow beast dropped into the Daytona! Holy Cow Batman!!

The Daytona is no where near rice, that's crazy talk guys.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd love to own that car, I couldn't believe it when I heard Treynor was selling his
frown.gif
(must have been tough).
I'm sure the new owner is just glowing when ever he drives that beautiful car.
Although I have to admit Craig 201 MPH has great taste in color.

OP
OP
S

SF Final 286

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why do some say, "I'd buy if I could afford it?"
It's not that much more than a stock ACR. So you can afford it if you want to.
Doesn't seem like there is a waiting list for them or anything.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, we actually traded the Daytona (#2) back to Woodhouse rather than selling it outright. As far as I know, Pemberton's still got it for sale. You might give him a call...

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked into it with Pemberton, however, for well over $70 grand, my money (read: well under $70 grand) goes somewhere else. Great looking car and Ben took VERY good care of it....plus, there is a cool Viper v Poopra video that goes along with it (still one of my favorites Ben!)

Later,
Dave