What ever happened to the ACR Seat Belts?

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never heard from Dodge. No recall. Nothing. Anyone else heard anything about the ACR 5 point belts?

Jeff

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
At Last I can reveal the inside scoop on the vendor of the ACR replacement belts.
NOT becasue of PartsRack.
NOT becasue of being a VCA regional president.
NOT from inside knowledge or factory contacts....

But because I was a tech-inspector w/ Ken Klickman at PAC-NW VCA day last week. And I confiremed a rumor from an industry friend.

The new ACR belts are being furnished to Dodge NOT by Momo, Shroth, Simpson, Sparco, or even OMP. Not by TeamTech (altho the hardware is provided by TeamTech!)

The vendor is RJS........ www.rjsracing.com

Look em up. "No comment" from me. Maybe THEY can tell ya about a replacement?

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a clue about any of the seat belt manufacturers, but I assume its a good thing if the company is used by major race teams. That being said I have heard of most of these companys, not RJS though.

I sure hope the fit and finish of the belts, (I assume saftey is a given) is on par with the belts and latching mechanism that originally came in my car.

I will be very disappointed if the new set up is anything less than the current red anodized trick looking set up with ACR logo's on the shoulder harnesses. I'd hate to have a technically functional set up that looks home made for the kind of money this option cost!~

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i just called hendrick dodge here in raleigh area and they said there is NO offical recall of the 5 pt. harnesses on my 00 acr...he looked it up on the computer by my vin number and said an owners manual was the only recall item applicable...other than a mail article it looks like dodge isn't yet acknowledging this recall!!!!!!!!!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Hendrick Dodge seems to be staffed by those unfamiliar with Vipers. (Trying to be nice....) They apparently know only how to affix the $10,000 "Market Adjustment" stickers to the outside of the vehicle, buy cars from other dealers (paying a premium to do so) advertise that they are one of the largest dealers on the east coast (maybe in dollar volume?) and sell at a price that usually is far more than the cost of getting a car from one of other Viper friendly dealers in NC. (Not to mention the good folks in Blair, Nebraska...)

A person with average intelligence can go to the NHTSA website (www.nhtsa.gov) and perform a search for recalls on 2000 Vipers - specify "Interior" as the component to search on. The following pops up:

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 01V120000
Component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:ACTIVE SEAT AND SHOULDER BELTS AND BELT ANCHOR
Manufacturer: DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION

There is a NATIONAL RECALL CAMPAIGN ID number - so it's not really a hard to find item. I would hope that they were a little more prepared to service the Vipers that they are trying to sell, especially when they have an ACR, right??? I have held out a lot of hope for them on many issues in the past only to be disappointed each time (sales, ordering, service, club participation, etc). I'll bet those that hang out here will know about resolution before anyone at this dealer.

Don - call Tom Sessions - he may be able to shed some light on some alternatives for you.......... You should try to take care of this before ViperDays at VIR.... (Don't let the red tape stop you - I think that Tom can help....)

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info janni....i will call tom but first i am gonna call hendrix and clue them in on how useless they really are!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin ACR:
I sure hope the fit and finish of the belts, (I assume saftey is a given) is on par with the belts and latching mechanism that originally came in my car............I will be very disappointed if the new set up is anything less than the current red anodized trick looking set up with ACR logo's on the shoulder harnesses<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rest easy on the above points: Since TeamTech continues to provide the hardware, it is the same!

And the new belts continue to have the ACR - logo-graphic patch
on the belts. The fit / finish looked fine.....I had to snoop under seats to verify then SFI-approval and see if it was NOT a racalled belt........and it was the new ACR belt on a new 2001.

PS...TeamTech has a new, CHILD RESTRAINT HARNESS / SEAT! Built into a kids seat. Kids seat is custom-upholstered in your color choice.....harness is custom colors, too! I have a VCA customer here who is getting Job-1 to match his TeamTech harnesses. The work to make this harness is the same as an adult. The DOT buckle is NOT a rotary-style......but a snap-in, button operated OEM style. All for less than the price of an adult harness!

Mattch your ACR, GT2, or

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daimler Chysler has not notified the dealers of the recall as of yet. They also have not provided the NHTSA with an owners notification schedule. My dealer, who is very helpful says that they can't do a thing until notification is made.

Maybe now that the belts are available, that will be forthcoming.

Sure glad to hear they did a nice job with them. Also, I use RJS on my racecar, it's good stuff in terms of quality!

Happy Motoring!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those that missed it, RJS was posted in JUNE as the vendor for 2001+ ACR belts, post-MOMO

More News....... Working w/ 2 respected Viper Techs Here, in the SE and the West, PARTSRACK has been very successful in securing WARRANTY REPLACEMENT of "recalled" 1999-2001 ACR/GT-2 belts, and Replacement harnesses from TEAM TECH! UNDER WARRANTY! ie D-C pays. YES!

And, no promises, but our past customers were even allowed to KEEP the "defective" belts! Call me for details please.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spoke to DC regarding ACR shocks this past week and asked about the ACR belts also.
Response was no recall at this time, but I could call the NHTSA.
Whats that about?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John ACR:
Just spoke to DC regarding ACR shocks this past week and asked about the ACR belts also.....Response was no recall at this time...Whats that about? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I invite your call for my opinion and/or assistance on two options to get D-C to replace harnesses under a "soft recall" of the ACR-GT2 belts.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon B.
Thanks for the input and offer.
I prefer the Factory route first.
If that is a dead end an alternate route will be taken.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21