What happened to Autoform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What some people don't understand is that going through someone like Jon at PartsRack rather than direct lets Jon help manage the supplier end of things. As a large customer, he will get better service and info than the average customer off the street and is part of his value add to the transaction. At least you will know what's up with your order.

My advice ... let Jon do the worrying for you, that's what I do.

--- Ken
There should be no difference in customer service period. JonB service is almost epic. I write to JonB for something and the next time I check my mail the answer is there. So I am asking JonB is it so hard to respond to people that provide you a good living? I didn't think so. It is really the key to good business and it shows. Autoform on the other hand needs a class in Business 101. :nono:

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There should be no difference in customer service period. JonB service is almost epic. I write to JonB for something and the next time I check my mail the answer is there. So I am asking JonB is it so hard to respond to people that provide you a good living? I didn't think so. It is really the key to good business and it shows. Autoform on the other hand needs a class in Business 101. :nono:
you are right, in a perfect world. but Jon IS a customer service rep, autoform is a manufactor. Autoform, should just sell direct thru Jon, and leave the customer service to him. then everyone could do what they do best.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are right, in a perfect world. but Jon IS a customer service rep, autoform is a manufactor. Autoform, should just sell direct thru Jon, and leave the customer service to him. then everyone could do what they do best.

They should also have one or some of their products already made. Is it really necessary for cost management or ??? to have repetitively and similarly made parts all being made to order like the burger joints? Now I can understand on the iForged wheels I just waited 2 months for how that wouldn't be practical - bazillions of size/lip/finish combinations. But will the next R/T top be just like the last one they sold? :dunno:

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should also have one or some of their products already made. Is it really necessary for cost management or ??? to have repetitively and similarly made parts all being made to order like the burger joints? Now I can understand on the iForged wheels I just waited 2 months for how that wouldn't be practical - bazillions of size/lip/finish combinations. But will the next R/T top be just like the last one they sold? :dunno:
depends on how you calculate your projected retail sales. if they expected to capture 1% of the market with a very small niche like the Viper, then yes.
especially since the Viper business is a very small percentage of what they do as a whole. a smaller company also has to "gamble" where to spend the labor time to make certain products. there is never enough help when you need it, peoples orders cant get filled quick enough, and you have to pick and choose where to spend your time and money and its gamble to make sure you guessed right. the guy that should be getting the umpteenth million corvette widget done, cant because he is making a viper part for back stock.---Viper production since 1992 doesnt equal Vette production for 1 year!!
honestly one would think your iforged wheels should have been a helluva lot quicker than that considering the hoops already fit other wheel combos and they just need to assemble them with the bolt patterned center.
when you are a small/specialized company you have a lot of irons in the fire, just to keep the lights on and keep everyone happy.
i am not taking anyones side, just speaking from the heart and experience.
if customer service was easy, the factorys (dodge, Gmc, Wd-40, etc) wouldnt have dealers, they would sell direct! thats why in a case like this, Autoform would be best served to let Jon sell their products for them, and stay away from the retail side of it.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew it!!! Corvettes are at the bottom this! Give me a sledge hammer and I'll be right back!!! If they want to make body panels for GM cars then I'll send them some business!

:D

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew it!!! Corvettes are at the bottom this! Give me a sledge hammer and I'll be right back!!! If they want to make body panels for GM cars then I'll send them some business!

:D
BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, I just talked to Steve over 2 very lengthy emails. OP, send him an email; he's trying to get a hold of you. If any of you have any other worries or concerns, just shoot him a quick email or give him a call; he quickly put all mine to rest.

Tim Purtell

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last night, I contacted Steve (Autoform) via his web site 'contact us' section and he emailed me back right away the next morning with a ton of info - I relied with some additional questions and he replied right away! They make great products (I've got a AF roll bar and am ordering a hard top) and have done me right before.

FYI - must have been some well deserved holiday time off!

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night, I contacted Steve (Autoform) via his web site 'contact us' section and he emailed me back right away the next morning with a ton of info - I relied with some additional questions and he replied right away! They make great products (I've got a AF roll bar and am ordering a hard top) and have done me right before.

FYI - must have been some well deserved holiday time off!
good deal, glad to hear that. they sound like some very hard working folks

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.. And I still get no response. Despite some of the excuses I've heard, the bottom line is they are avoiding me because they don't want to refund me. BUYER BEWARE folks. Funny, Roe, MGW and JonB always gave me great service.

Hey AUTOFORM / STEVE you hear this ????:brick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang