What happened to the respect??

Blazin' Blue Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It troubles me deeply that in the last two days in major auto mags the Viper has been trashed. A Motor Trend writer called the Viper a "Posuers" car in an article about the Ford GT. Todays' Autoweek has an article about the new Z-06 where they all but dismiss the Viper as a credible sports car. What happened? Is Dodge going to do anything to regain the respect and credibility the Viper name deserves? I Hope so. I love my Viper and had a certain pride in knowing that the rest of the auto world saw what I see in the car.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It troubles me deeply that in the last two days in major auto mags the Viper has been trashed. A Motor Trend writer called the Viper a "Posuers" car in an article about the Ford GT. Todays' Autoweek has an article about the new Z-06 where they all but dismiss the Viper as a credible sports car. What happened? Is Dodge going to do anything to regain the respect and credibility the Viper name deserves? I Hope so. I love my Viper and had a certain pride in knowing that the rest of the auto world saw what I see in the car.

Why should anyone respect the Viper when DC doesn't seem to respect it? Don't get me wrong, I love my Viper, but the new coupe has finally hit the streets... where is the marketing blitz? If I have to see another ad with the ugly a$$ charger, I'm gonna puke.

Viper: the pace car for an apathetic foreign company. :rolleyes:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
let me ask you a simplequestion, do you see any adds for the new z06 cause i sure don't. people that buy these cars are car guys. they know the vehicles inside and out and love them for what they know them to be. not because they watched an ad and were impulsed into it. the fact that they still give us a viper in todays tree huggin mentality towards the enviroment and pollution concerns is proof enough. my .02

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I liked that TV spot with the GTS that does a barrel roll, that was cool.

Please forgive my nostalgic rambling, and now back to the topic.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read car mags, but I try not to admit it. I used to work with a guy who could quote the latest Car & Driver and Motor Trend, new all the test numbers, but when he bought a Jag X-Type he got the slow engine "because it was a better deal." In other words he was a posuer car mag tweeb. Go to a local car show and ask any smarta$$ if they want to have a go against your car. Unless they are a Supra guy you'll see what kind of respect the mighty Viper has. Major respect.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
people better think twice about dissin a viper. the viper has 10 cylinders and 488+ cubic inches. the mod potential of this engine is off the charts. aint no way in hell i am gonna let any of these wannabe cars beat my snake. i am in the process of modding my viper to blow these newcomers off the track.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all the car mags hate the viper except for a few writers. its always been that way and it probly always will. the viper has lots of respect. people who dont know about the viper know that it has supercar performance.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are Z06 ad's in eVERY major car rag. All quoting it's power and weight.

My wife said, "Sure it's fast but thats all it is. I'd divorce you if you got rid of your GTS for that." I'll keep her. :)

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife said, "Sure it's fast but thats all it is. I'd divorce you if you got rid of your GTS for that." I'll keep her. :)
Duuuude! I think your wife and my girlfriend are long lost sisters. My GF's best line is "but it's a Corvette."

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me ask you a simplequestion, do you see any adds for the new z06 cause i sure don't. people that buy these cars are car guys. they know the vehicles inside and out and love them for what they know them to be. not because they watched an ad and were impulsed into it. the fact that they still give us a viper in todays tree huggin mentality towards the enviroment and pollution concerns is proof enough. my .02

read above posts for rebuttal :p

But I do know what you mean... I don't see "Employee pricing for Enzos" :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

read above posts for rebuttal :p ...plenty of marketing for z06

But I do know what you mean... I don't see "Employee pricing for Enzos" :D

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only an absolute idiot would call it a poseur's car. That guy has no credibility if he holds such an uninformed opinion.

OP
OP
B

Blazin' Blue Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that the Viper community is still a proud one. I do see the reaction people have when I drive my GTS. Maybe the Car Rags should do a test called "spin around the block" I would bet my life that the Viper would turn more heads than almost any ride out there. A Corvette would probably not get a second glance next to a Viper.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always thought it was total bs how the car rags can totally praise a car up and down in the years when it is "current". Then, a year later, something new comes out that is maybe 1/10 of a second quicker or has some new gizmo and bam!... the previous car is now outdated, yesteryear crap. Give me a break. Great cars are great cars.

I've talked to two work associates in the last 10 days where the conversation has turned to cars. One guy owns an 04 911 and has owned several Vettes before that. The other just bought a 13k mile 01 911. Both of these guys have major respect for the Viper and acted almost scared of it. The Viper has earned its respect (and continues to) in the automotive world. The GEN I/II cars are classics in their own time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery