What Hot Cars Have You Raced With Your Viper On Open Track?

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All, For me the I 1/4 mile raced my friends GTS and whooped his butt with my GTS, He was bragging how good he could drive, I had just gotten mine,it was close until he missed third gear! I also smoked a new Vette with my RT/10 on the Interstate track from 60mph to 145...Was'nt even close...AL...00PROWLER...

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gavin, I believe there is a time and a place for those types of antics, the time and place was just right! You should have saved your money and bought a Neon. I'm sure everyone buys a Viper to only go the speed limit ...AL...00PROWLer

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not on the Open Road but the "<FONT COLOR="Red">OPEN ROADCOURSE"</FONT c>....There have been quite a few victims....NSX,911,Z06,M3,RX-7 TT,etc....
I will be doing the Open Road Challange in Wendover this spring

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a buddy that just bought a 2002 911 Turbo. The dealers got him thinking he can beat any Viper in the world and of course he wants to race me for a grand! he says my NOS and his Turbo's will make it an even match.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, I'll have an extra 1,000 to go buy a nice shirt from Versus Saturday night!
yesnod.gif
50mph to 160mph!

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
Anyway, I'll have an extra 1,000 to go buy a nice shirt from Versus Saturday night!
yesnod.gif
50mph to 160mph!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It amazes me everyday how many people have more money than sense!

Enjoy the $1000.......

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
00prowler - yep you convinced me - I promise to stop taking my car to the track and have awesome weekends - instead, I'll race it on the street like you and put some poor innocent clods life in danger, as well as my own.REAL GOOD IDEA!!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just about the most fun I've had playing at the track was with the F-355 in my Avatar. It took a couple of sessions before we got hooked up together, but we had a ball together on the 2.9 mile TWS course!

Both cars were pretty stock - he was on new Pirelli slicks and I was running the old Comp T/A R1s and PFC pads. The Ferrari owner was a surgeon who ran the Challenge series a couple of seasons and finished one season in the top 5. I ran him down and passed him on the front straight, then left him a-ways, but slowed to play some more. He followed me to my "back 40" parking spot after the session and invited me to cool off in his custom bus in the paddock!

(The track photographer was doing great business selling pics of our cars dueling together.)

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean is being far too modest. I've watched him take out GT40's, big Cobras, trailer queen Porsches and even get around a red and white striped GTS for half a lap at Cabaniss. The guy eats Ferraris for lunch...