what is she really worth?

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Like this one alot! Clean 97 rt/10 bluw/white combo..1 0f 53 made with 24000 miles..
8000.jpg

regards
Adam

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen a 97 B/W go for less than $53K. And even then that was snatched up quickly.

IMO - that is the most highly sought after car after the GT2. Just gorgeous!

it's an INCREDIBLE color combo - I'd love to have both a 1997 GTS and 1997 RT in that color - SWEET!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is a driver. The miles kill the 1 of 53 value. The 55k asking price is to much for those miles.

Buy it, drive the wheels off of it.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exact value today at 7:00 PM : "$52,500" I guess.
I do know that a 97 R/T with under 8000 miles will run about $60,000.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car definitely cannot go for less than $50k...even with the mileage.....That car will not go down in value...it is too bad about the hood though....i didn't realize it has the GEN 1 hood.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get it for $50K, that is a good deal. They only made 53 of these and no matter how many miles are on it, depreciation does not hit these cars like Regular RT's. Good luck. It would definitly be a nice addition to the group!!!!

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott I still looking at new coupes but Im exploring all options..also looking at 97 gts blue/white combo too..I agree that miles do take the car down alittle to maybe around 50K or so..

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does the '97 have the smooth hood?
There is an owner in AZ with an EARLY Gen II RT 10 that has a smooth hood. Apparently some of the very first Gen II RT 10 have the Gen I style hood.

OP
OP
B

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does the '97 have the smooth hood?
There is an owner in AZ with an EARLY Gen II RT 10 that has a smooth hood. Apparently some of the very first Gen II RT 10 have the Gen I style hood.

According to the build sheet on this site all 97 rt/10s had smooth hoods..new naca duct hoods which GTS have didnt start on rt/10's till 98..

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$55K +/-, 24K miles is no issue here, as noted above, rare-desirable color, low production (53), in a LOWEST RT/10 production year (117), Smooth hood is the only time a smooth hood was on a Gen II (the mold had "expired") (OK, one '98 RT had a smooth hood, but that was an accident). Fun Fact, production was low because of issues gettign hoods... the last cars sat around for monthe into '98 waiting for hoods.

These cars come up for sale very rarely, and are always in the 55K range (+/-), they usually sell fast and are in general the most sought after (maybe even more than '92's) RT/10's... the other 4.8K mile B/W '97 listed in the classifeds is at $64.5K...... This is the first time I ever remember two in the classifieds at the same time.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct. 1997 was the last year of smooth hoods except for the mistake on one 1998 car.

I remember the guy that was trying to sell that car for $10,000 over what everybody else was getting at the time. That car was in the classifieds for month after month. Who knows where it is now?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say 54k. I do not believe that you can get it for 50k. There is no reason not to try, though. As others have said, it is very rare.

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Isn't 97 still the 415hp variety? You can get a nice 02 for that kind of money. You have to really want the b/w combo. Even if it is a 450hp car it is still 17" wheels and a soft top. It looks nice but a lower mileage 99 can be had for a lot less money. I do like the look though. I saw one for sale in Canada last year and just assumed it was a repaint.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those B/W RT/10 have a remarkable presence on the street. Viper owners even stare at them, wondering why it is different, then it dawns on them it is an RT not GTS.

Wonderful looking cars, and almost irreplaceable. For someone that understands what they are buying, $55K is a bargin. For those looking to scoop up a deal, that may seem too high.

Even among jaded Viper Owners, this car usually draws a crowd.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mint condition in the $50's. low . Good luck Adam. I know you miss the LAMBO.