What is the best years/models for Viper rarity??

OP
OP
B

bigdeep1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the awesome feedback. There seems to be A LOT of special edition 2010 Vipers coming out due to it being the last year for this generation. Am I correct in that for 2011 the 2012 Vipers will be sold. So, are there going to be any true 2011 Vipers? When they say only 500 Vipers were made for 2010 they are referring to mfr dates from July 2009 - June 2010?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO 2011 Viper... and about 2012 is still nothing published ...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
bigdeep1, you NEED to buy "Viper Buyer's Guide" !!!

"FE" or "Final Edition" refers to the last 350 GTS models produced in 2002...only factory GTS that was red with dual white stripes.

You also said: "When they say only 500 Vipers were made for 2010 they are referring to mfr dates from July 2009 - June 2010?"

The "500" 2010 Vipers refers to those produced from this spring to early summer(roughly March to July) 2010...of which only around 370 will be for sale in the US per the announced plans.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X2 agree with both Jon and Paul 100%!
Most collectable is the Gen II GT2 in white with aero.

For Gen 4 it has to be the last of the breed ACR (agree with Jon)

If you want a good collector that is at a reasonable price right now, any ultra low mileage (under 5000) unmolested GTS I would think will be come collectable down the line and no, I'm not being biased because I own one). It has the classic sports car look and the fact that the Daytona is popular now is an indication, IMHO, that the GTS will follow suit.

Last edited:

eb911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In terms of future collectible, who knows what's gonna happen ?
Some rare cars will never be a sought after collectible and some others will. There are lots of parameters that have to be taken into account.

IMO, the GTS will be a collectible. Why ?
- The GTS timeless shape
- The largest engine ever mounted in a production car (at that time) (as the RT/10 I agree)
- Shelby involvement in development (link with the Cobra)
- It's been a limited production : around 7700 if I'm not wrong. Remember 7177 Ferrari Testarossa have been built (and 2280 512 TR) for instance.
- Most of all, the racing version GTS-R has won most of the best races in the world (Le Mans, Daytona,...)

As for the ACR, even if it will be built in very limited quantity for 2010, available with customised and very rare color combos, will it be enough to make a future collectible ? It's a stunning supercar, but has no race history, and finally the genIV is nothing but an evolution of the genIII, I mean nothing really new out there ! Think about the GTS when it came to the market ! It was a shock !

In other words, go for the GTS.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All the Venom cars are rare. Some of them won many races before the 2,000 rules changes.

Sapphire/silver is pretty rare and the ACR GTS had about 10 more units built than the GTSs. 2001 only. ABS, and most important for me is that it's my favorite color of Viper.

Ted

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These two one off Gen II GTS's will someday be worth a fortune.

You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody said the Silver with Blue Stripes 98 GTS 21 total built... rare but selling at about the same prices now as some of the much more common color combos... Pictures don't do them justice...

Here's the Registry...

International Viper Registry

Just noticed this in the 98 GTS footnotes in the registry link above...

Lowest build car was a single roadster shipped with a "smooth" (no NACA or vent ducts) hood and pre-'98 RT/10 front facia.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should buy mine so I can upgrade to a Gen IV...Diamond pearl White with black stripes. I bet you won't find another one with that color combo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine