What is the lightest 18/19 set up?

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking at HRE and CCW (the two most common) all the rims are heavier than my stock ACR wheels...

...So, who makes the lightest 18/19 setup. I talked to one of the guys I know at CCW and he could make a custom set for me out of CF, but it's going to cost WAY too much. Any ideas, I could use a few.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great question.

I have a set of the SRT "Sidewinder" wheels that I will be mounting on a 2008 Viper but that I assume that they can also be used on the Gen I and II Vipers. The fronts are 18 x 10 and the rears 19 x 13. I weighed these on a bathroom scale and got 17.5 lbs for the fronts and 25 lbs for the rears which is about 35 lbs lighter total than the stock wheels on the 2003-2008 Vipers. I have done a little research on this and the lightness of the Sidewinders is impresive even when compared with aftermarket rim manufacturers.

Nevertheless, I am also interested in getting a set of dedicated track rims in the stock OEM sizes. What is the lightest (including magnesium, composite and carbon fiber construction) set out there that would be durable enough for regular track and autocross use? Thanks.

/Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery