What is the little yellow arrow for?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up my 95 RT-10 a couple of weeks ago and have been curious what the light is for and is it actually useful.

Thanks,

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's to warn you that if you shift out of first gear it will guide the trans into 4th..not second. It's easy to beat the skip-shift...just hold the RPMs a hair longer.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To see if your skip-shift is still activated, try shifting while the light is on. If it locks you out of the trany, it is activated, if not great, it's a pain to me.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na.... the two previous posts have got it al wrong- that little arrow is telling you to step on the gas harder!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vip-RT10:
To see if your skip-shift is still activated, try shifting while the light is on. If it locks you out of the trany, it is activated, if not great, it's a pain to me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, It must be deactivated, because when the light is on I can shift to any gear I like.
It mainly only comes on when I am first gear. Someone once had told me that it was telling you the back wheels are not lined up with the front. Yes, I agree it did not make any sense to me either.

Thanks all for your answers to such a stupid question, and yes I will try and keep it pointing up. As for telling me to go faster, I definitely dont need a little arrow to tell me to go faster!