What is the Nastiest exhaust set up?

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up my SRT 10 today and am very please with it! The seller kept it garaged inside with cardboard under the tires. Best of all, it had less than 300 miles and it's an '03. It's good to see people as anal as i am about their cars (thanks Steve!)

Ok, the exhaust is just way to quiet. I had a heads/cam straight exhaust Vette that was very loud and agressive sounding and thats what i'm looking for in my SRT 10. This is not my daily driver so the deeper the better.

Which set up from the headers back will give me what i'm looking for? The Belenger package would be easy but I also heard that the Corsa Track system sounds great as well.

Any combo ideas are greatly appreciated.

Frank

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hands down, the B&B system w/cats. Try it w/o headers first, to see if you would have any problem with it being even louder.

The B&B system's sound can be most closely compared to the sound of a Supercharged 454 on a cigarette boat gurgling through the water.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have straight pipes and no secondary cats. It is quite loud and raspy when I get on it and gurgles and pops when decel, but subtle sounding when being nice. This is the cheap way to test sound levels! (if you don't have other Vipers to listen to first)

OP
OP
F

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipera,

Just listened to your wav file. WOW, now thats what i call a nasty sounding Viper!

Thanks!

Frank

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what I have, and I really like it:

Billy Boat headers
Corsa Track Exhaust
Random Tech Cats
Dynatech Vortex muffler cones placed in front of the cats

Originally, my system didn't have the Dynatech cones, and it was a bit loud and ragged for me. A bit too much noise for a daily driver.

I think it's perfect now. Nice deep rumble at idle, quiet enough to listen to the radio when cruising, and loud and nasty enough to wake up the neighbors, set off car alarms, and stampede cattle at full throttle.

If you get headers, make sure to add some heat resistant materials to your wiring and hoses that are near your headers. Otherwise, you will melt through them, as the headers get hot, and don't have the heat shielding of the stock exhaust manifold.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai, has a nice setup, very expensive. This is great, but if you want to not spend so much, you really can get by with a cheap system, that sounds great. I really have to say the X-over with a Bullet Performance ****. and removal of the sec. cats will sound unbelievable for the money, now you say nasty, take the X-over off and you've got nasty, but the nasty part is really only when you punch it from 3000 rpm or so. Now that's a nasty, frightning sound. It will by a bit less desireable when at cruising speed.

Do a search on this, you may not like the car this way all the time. I've never heard Corsa's system before, but they do have a very good setup, very expensive, very heavy, and maybe to calm at cruising speed. I really don't know.

Skip White

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456