What is the problem??? SC/VEC2 Help??

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fuel pump took a crap so I relpaced it( Aeromotive A1000 with volt reg.) Before exchanging pumps, I unhooked the positive battery cable from the engine compartment(jumper). I exchanged pumps and hooked the battery cable back up. The car starts and runs for 5 seconds then dies. Also, its blowing white smoke out the rear. This has never been an issue and the car has always ran great. Its almost like its getting to much gas. My fuel pressure is 55lbs and never drops. Is something wrong with the VEC?***???????

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got a PM!

Assuming the fuel pump is on, either a vec2 program issue or something unrelated... The fuel system on the viper is pretty basic. If you have fuel (which you do) then you just need the injectors to fire and the spark to occur. I'd pull a plug or 2 to see if they are wet or dry. I am going to guess dry... But just a guess.

JD

OP
OP
D

Da1cop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the pump is running and f/p guage at regulater is showing 55lbs. I reran both pump gas card and race gas card several times but with no success.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd call Sean Roe. I just installed a VEC3, and you have to "teach" the unit when you first connect power. I have no idea if what would happen if you did not do that.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the pump is running and f/p guage at regulater is showing 55lbs. I reran both pump gas card and race gas card several times but with no success.

What is the base set for your injectors at? I'm no expert, but in closed loop at idle, the VEC fools the stock PCM by only allowing a percentage of fuel through. Should be 65 to 75% or so of the new 55s which are in there. My stock injectors were 29 pounders. At least that's the way I understand it.

Steve

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo