What is the stripe width on a GTS?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The following is by far most scientific way. By a Hot Wheels Viper with stripes from Wal.Mart.
Measure the stripes.
Multiply to full scale.

Warning: All other methods are suspect. Trust no one.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The following is by far most scientific way. By a Hot Wheels Viper with stripes from Wal.Mart.
Measure the stripes.
Multiply to full scale.

Warning: All other methods are suspect. Trust no one.

Krylon spraypaint works best for this!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had this discussion with Bill Pemberton. I think he said they were 8" from front to back. I know he said the stripes on the Gen III's are tapered and the same width from front to back on Gen II's. Give one of the dealers a call and they can verify if my memory is correct.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the year. The original 1996 GTS had 8 1/4 inches wide. Stripes were slightly narrower in 1997 to 8 inches resulting in a wider blue space between the stripes (4 7/16 inches verses 4 inches)

Plus you have to decide if you want the stripes to run through the rear license plate area like 1996 or stop at the indent like a 1997.

Hope this helps.

Un'sidepiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple years ago while searching the swap meet a mopar nationals I came across a Viper Tech student Manual. It is a three ring binder with several workbooks inside. Such as Chassis, Engine, Body & Trim, Engine Management, Body Electical and driveline. Well anyway on one page it has the stripe dimensions: they are as follows

1996 Stipes = 209mm and a 100mm space between the stripes.

1997 and up stripes = 203mm and a 112mm space between the stripes.

If you would like, I can fax you or email you copy!

:usa:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather