What is the tire polish of choice right now?

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't dig up anything with the search key. Saw some "gel" products last night at the store that looked good. I don't want to use Armorall, so what is everyone satisfied with? Any Eagle one fans out there?

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino tire dressing... Leaves no silicone grease shine and lasts for months on a creampuff. :)

Makes the tires look new and clean not greasey.

OP
OP
M

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tie, I like the Zaino stuff, but I am a little dissapointed about its durability (for the wax anyway). The tire stuff lasts that much longer??

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the stuff. Haven't had a problem with the wear either. I have a beat up black Honda Civic with a BUNCH of miles on it and I Zaino'd it. Drive the car every day and it's been washed 3X since the Zaino and it looks polished to this day.

The tire dressing is good stuff IMHO.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use both zaino and meguiars for different things; for tires, meguiars got zaino beat hands down on shine and durability.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a doubt..."Zaino" tire dressing...I have tried them all...

TIP...buy a 4 or 6 pack of small sponges in Wal Mart... size of each sponge is approx. 3"x4"

Now cut each sponge in half long ways and then cut each half in half...one sponge now makes 4 -1"x2" small sponges...Take Zaino tire dressing and apply a few drops to the sponge and apply to Viper tires...No Fuss...No Mess...No need to Spray!!!

Works Best!!

Dave
:D

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Meguires # 40 Vinyl and Rubber. Its easy to apply and will not build up on the tires. I have never gotten into Zaino because its a mail order thing. When I run out I just got to Autozone and 10 minutes later I have it.

OP
OP
M

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the advice. I picked up some Meguire's gel last night. I think I'll grab some sponges at Wmart at post some pics.

thanks

OP
OP
M

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, wait till you see the snake head I painted under the hood. Then YOU will be asking me advice for a change! lol! :D

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to admit. The Zanio mail order thing is a pain. Products are good, but ????? I hoped to see him at some events, like the NJ Zone, but no go. I'm thinking there are probably other products on the market just as good, but for now I have my line of Zanio in stock also.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use zaino but if I run out I will use conneuseurs choice by liquid glass. CC is good for the interior too.

smashman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Zaino Tire Shine but I also Use Blackfire Tire and Wheel CLEANER, as well. Dressings shine and protect, but this stuff will CLEAN your tires prior to applying a dressing and keep 'em nice and black. It also is the best stuff I've seen if you have white lettering on tires to get the letters nice and white again. I use a scrub brush on the tires with the Blackfire, rinse well, and then Zaino when dry. You can get this stuff from www.properautocare.com

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have to order Zaino. Just call Zaino and ask who their local distributor is in your state and call. Just like going to a store but no sales tax as each distributor does it out of their house. Just picked up some Z6 today on the way home from work with one quick phone call.

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had good success with Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Long Lasting Protectant Gel. It seems to last weeks as it is advertised to do and is easy to apply with an applicay provided.

The Meguiars Rubber/Vinyl mentioned works also but will yellow the tires/raised white letters, if applicable and will last onlly a short time

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a F.Y.I.....
In the Fall 2002 Viper Quarterly, pg 35, it states only to use mopar tire care products or a mild soap, and that,
"There are components built into Michelin tires that help maintain the color and counteract the harsh effects of sunlight and ozone. Some aftermarket waxes, solvents and tire dressing products may damage these special components".
Just a F.Y.I.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang