What is top NA HP these days?

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
highest i've heard is a gen 2 kingsnake by tnt. 777hp (not rwhp) and was clocked at 207 mph.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Reason I asked was I know a phenomenal engine builder from the Chevy world that seriously should be building NASCAR engines. If I could make it happen, I'd like to get him to turn his attention to Viper because there are still people who are willing to pay for something almost no one else can match. (I think the money is still there, however, times change, and I'm out of the picture for a number of years now.) I have another friend who has completely mastered TT setups and has a TT 350 chevy in a Nissan pickup that does 140-145 mph at the local drag strip. I've ridden in it and from 100-150 mph it is real hoot! But this is another guy, that is wasting such precious knowledge in small-time projects. He puts turbos on diesels like other people put headers on a car.

Thanks for the input.
Things are about just where I thought they would be.
Regards,
Tom

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
highest i've heard is a gen 2 kingsnake by tnt. 777hp (not rwhp) and was clocked at 207 mph.
i RACED THAT kingsnake in the Mopar Atl Nats one year in Englishtown and won so there was no way it made anywhere near 777 .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pS THE VFASTEST ever na pump gas viper trapped 135 MPH ON SLICKS i trapped 132 on street tires

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LPE ran 10.2 at 135 on slicks .Pro drag racer Don Nace ran 10.4-10.5 at 134 on slicks i ran 11.2 at 132 on Pilots (Dons motor and mine almost same exact build)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pS THE VFASTEST ever na pump gas viper trapped 135 MPH ON SLICKS i trapped 132 on street tires

I guess my point is......you don't know what the fastest N/A Viper is.

Gen2 and It's 9.48 @ 146 mph by the famous TxWYD and his hired gun, BIGGUN Scott !!
SW's car has been 9.83 @ 142.5 N/A ........... all motor
George Bryce's car went 9's N/A.

The only reason to separate gen2/3 is because gen3's are slower :D

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess my point is......you don't know what the fastest N/A Viper is.

Gen2 and It's 9.48 @ 146 mph by the famous TxWYD and his hired gun, BIGGUN Scott !!
SW's car has been 9.83 @ 142.5 N/A ........... all motor
George Bryce's car went 9's N/A.

The only reason to separate gen2/3 is because gen3's are slower :D
PUMP GAS I SAID that car was NOT A STREET VIPER as it was run on RACE leaded gas ,OPEN HEADER MINUS AN INTERIOR .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pS I spoke with GRAHM at LPE about that car in depth NO WAY in the world in its configuration that ran the 9s could it EVER be remotely considered street legal.NICE TRY THOUGH lol.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pS I spoke with GRAHM at LPE about that car in depth NO WAY in the world in its configuration that ran the 9s could it EVER be remotely considered street legal.NICE TRY THOUGH lol.

I'll give you the pump gas on Norms car but other than to loud it would have been street legal. Georges car and SW's car would have all been street legal too.

BTW, the thread starter didn't mention what kind of fuel.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give you the pump gas on Norms car but other than to loud it would have been street legal. Georges car and SW's car would have all been street legal too.

BTW, the thread starter didn't mention what kind of fuel.
Tony when the car ran the 9s it was also done open header (what state do you know that allows a car to run open header on the street )The front sway bar was also disconnected and half the interior missing to save weight .As i said the vfastest TRUE street driven NA Vipers trap in the 135 range thats it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS granted i admit i NEVER ran 9s BUT i drove into the track FROM STRREET DRIVING 3K MILES PER YEAR trapped 132 MPH ON 92 OCTAINE and drove out SAME TIRES,NO suspension alterations ect

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Reason I asked was I know a phenomenal engine builder from the Chevy world that seriously should be building NASCAR engines. If I could make it happen, I'd like to get him to turn his attention to Viper because there are still people who are willing to pay for something almost no one else can match. (I think the money is still there, however, times change, and I'm out of the picture for a number of years now.) I have another friend who has completely mastered TT setups and has a TT 350 chevy in a Nissan pickup that does 140-145 mph at the local drag strip. I've ridden in it and from 100-150 mph it is real hoot! But this is another guy, that is wasting such precious knowledge in small-time projects. He puts turbos on diesels like other people put headers on a car.

Thanks for the input.
Things are about just where I thought they would be.
Regards,
Tom

In the Pittsburgh area? Just wondering who.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a guy run his GenII 1/4 mile 6.937 @ 352mph on 87 octane pump gas and Michelin Sports. He even shut it down at the 60' mark and coasted across the finish line. Everyone said it was a fluke so he lined up did it two more times. That guy was faaaaaast.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a guy run his GenII 1/4 mile 6.937 @ 352mph on 87 octane pump gas and Michelin Sports. He even shut it down at the 60' mark and coasted across the finish line. Everyone said it was a fluke so he lined up did it two more times. That guy was faaaaaast.

THERE is NO way ANYONE ran SUCH a TIME on PUMP gas AND a STREET tire. :rolaugh:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't compare to 1BADGTS !!!
George had his cigarette lighter oriented wrong therefore he is ineligible :lmao:
STRIPPED DOWN RACE CARS NOTHING MORE and definately not street driven.

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That was 1BADGTS, Chuck; I believe he trapped in 3rd, otherwise 400 MPH was right there.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how this fella's topic about NA HP, got turned into another 1BADGTS timeslip/trapspeed ******* contest.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STRIPPED DOWN RACE CARS NOTHING MORE and definately not street driven.

Georges was street driven...I met him at the Zone rendezvous DRIVING his car. Pretty sure SW's was fine on the street too.

Not only is (mod deleted), you're also (mod deleted) :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator: