What is top NA HP these days?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont doubt it ran what it ran i doubt it ran what it ran under the parometers being stated (PUMP GAS ,THRU THE MUFFLERS SWAY BAR INTACT ON A STOCK SUSPENSION=NO DRAG SHOCKS ECT )

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so It Will Trap 141 Now Ill Take That Bet.

Since the original LPE configuration, the car has had more head work and a different cam all done by George Bryce. And I am sure the tune is obviously different as well to support these changes.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me skeptical as i raced AGAINST every NA Viper out there (and won ) and never saw 1 run 140 plus thru the mufflers on pump gas full interior ect.

Did you attend any of the V10 Nationals where most of these 9 sec cars were running?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean certain years 75 Vipers would show up to race the top line packages from LPE ,TNT SVS HNS and i NEVER once saw a car trap over 135 NA AND THE ONES TRAPPING THAT were open head drag shocks sway bar removed

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won the modifyed all motor class fromm 1998to 2002 VCA ZONE EVENT

I mean certain years 75 Vipers would show up to race the top line packages from LPE ,TNT SVS HNS and i NEVER once saw a car trap over 135 NA AND THE ONES TRAPPING THAT were open head drag shocks sway bar removed

1. Cars were a LOT slower back then.
2. Removing the sway bar does not help the suspension work/travel. The only thing it does is take a little weight off the front. All my runs in the last five years or so were with the sway bar in place and bolted up. Do drag shock REALLY help mph ? Not really.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won the modifyed all motor class fromm 1998to 2002 VCA ZONE EVENT

Ok, that makes sense to me. So no, you did not run against any of the 9 sec all motor cars (SW, Norm, George).

For the most part, the V-10 Nationals were in their prime the years after 2002 up until some years ago (Bradenton still kept going). It was during those years the tuners (RSI, M2, Heffner, UR, DLM, Hennessey, SVS etc.) really started to up their game whether it was NA or FI.

So as Tony already stated, and don't take this the wrong way, the caliber of NA cars between 98-2002 was not the same as the years following.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense to me. So no, you did not run against any of the 9 sec all motor cars (SW, Norm, George).

For the most part, the V-10 Nationals were in their prime the years after 2002 up until some years ago (Bradenton still kept going). It was during those years the tuners (RSI, M2, Heffner, UR, DLM, Hennessey, SVS etc.) really started to up their game whether it was NA or FI.

So as Tony already stated, and don't take this the wrong way, the caliber of NA cars between 98-2002 was not the same as the years following.
This car was run back in the early 2000s.I dont car what is done today you \dont go picking up almost 10 mph OVER what i was running NA on pump gas.ANYTIME someone wishes to place a wager let me know 141 MPH on pump gas thru the mufflers NO WAY.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Cars were a LOT slower back then.
2. Removing the sway bar does not help the suspension work/travel. The only thing it does is take a little weight off the front. All my runs in the last five years or so were with the sway bar in place and bolted up. Do drag shock REALLY help mph ? Not really.
Do yourself a favor STICK to the FORCED INDUCTION as NA IS DEFINATELY NOT YOUR SPECIALITY .CARS WERE NOT ALOT SLOWER BACK TEN (Gen 2 wise na )rEMPOVING THE SWAY BAR THELPS VWEIGHT TRANSFER=Et.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 1badgts, you are talking about a car's times from 10 years ago. ****. If you don't think a properly driven 680RWHP N/A Viper full weight, full suspension, non open header can trap over 135 then you clearly need help/education. You can blah blah blah about all your track experience but, comments like this and others on this board are proving that all that track time (claimed) and you still don't know $hit. Also, he picked up 7 MPH in the trap not 10 like you stated so stop your childish games.. Go away man...you are wrong on this one.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor STICK to the FORCED INDUCTION as NA IS DEFINATELY NOT YOUR SPECIALITY .CARS WERE NOT ALOT SLOWER BACK TEN (Gen 2 wise na )rEMPOVING THE SWAY BAR THELPS VWEIGHT TRANSFER=Et.

Idiot, weight transfer will not give you a better trap speed...maybe a better 60ft, but the trap gain is nothing...maybe 1 MPH so again, ****.:lmao:

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car was run back in the early 2000s.I dont car what is done today you \dont go picking up almost 10 mph OVER what i was running NA on pump gas.ANYTIME someone wishes to place a wager let me know 141 MPH on pump gas thru the mufflers NO WAY.

For starters I will just say let it go man..But if you know anything about LPE and the way the build and tune any of their cars you would know that they are all over built and tuned very conservatively. They do this because they offer a warranty on their performance builds (unheard of in the tuner world for years). So are you really saying there is no way a car with additional head porting, a cam change and aggressive tuning can't pick up 7 MPH? Are you kidding me.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The package claims 10.2 at 135 in race condition (open header _)PLEASE do you realize NA 7 MPG TRAP INCREASE is close to 80-90 horsepower NO WAY.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idiot, weight transfer will not give you a better trap speed...maybe a better 60ft, but the trap gain is nothing...maybe 1 MPH so again, ****.:lmao:
idiot read WHAT I SAID et not trap speed .People with no EXPERIANCE RUNNING NA are making crazy comments here .THIS ISNOT A FORCED INDUCTION ISSUE.A 7 mph gain on a trap speed running pump gas is total BS.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
idiot read WHAT I SAID et not trap speed .People with no EXPERIANCE RUNNING NA are making crazy comments here .THIS ISNOT A FORCED INDUCTION ISSUE.A 7 mph gain on a trap speed running pump gas is total BS.

Car currently sits at 680RWHP...what do you think it was making with a smaller cam and milder headwork? I'll bet that car picked up 80 RWHP from it's original state over 7 years ago. So, I could see a car picking up quite a few MPH (like 7) with 80 more RWHP, a better powerband/torque curve, and a perfect run. Also, maybe the DA was more favorable on the more recent runs. There are too many factors here for you to just call bs based on a car/enviornmental conditions that were a lot different from then until now...

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like this LPE Stroker car would put the SMACK DOWN on those old N/A "has been" cars from way back in the day. 7 mph faster in stock trim. That's what I'm talkin about. :2tu:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...to bring this back to the point, it looks like we are hitting some really aggressive NA HP numbers. This is great news. I would LOVE to get more street reliable NA HP from my Gen 1...so please keep with the info coming (minus all the 1/4 mile stuff).

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car currently sits at 680RWHP...what do you think it was making with a smaller cam and milder headwork? I'll bet that car picked up 80 RWHP from it's original state over 7 years ago. So, I could see a car picking up quite a few MPH (like 7) with 80 more RWHP, a better powerband/torque curve, and a perfect run. Also, maybe the DA was more favorable on the more recent runs. There are too many factors here for you to just call bs based on a car/enviornmental conditions that were a lot different from then until now...
You have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIANCE TO EVEN COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds Like This Lpe Stroker Car Would Put The Smack Down On Those Old N/a "has Been" Cars From Way Back In The Day. 7 Mph Faster In Stock Trim. That's What I'm Talkin About. :2tu:
sounds Like Dont Count.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with these threads is people that have ABSOLUTELY NO VIPER NA RACING EXPERIANCE are commentating about what they THINK it sould run or has run based on heresay.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with these threads is that some people used to have a Viper a very long time ago and they think that means they know everything there is to know, when in fact THEY DO NOT. :lmao:

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...to bring this back to the point, it looks like we are hitting some really aggressive NA HP numbers. This is great news. I would LOVE to get more street reliable NA HP from my Gen 1...so please keep with the info coming (minus all the 1/4 mile stuff).

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with these threads is that some people used to have a Viper a very long time ago and they think that means they know everything there is to know, when in fact THEY DO NOT. :lmao:[/QUOTE

I think it is pretty ridiculous to have 2900 posts to a forum for a car you have not owned in years... If your spending this much time on Viperclub you may want to consider getting back into a Viper. As I am sure you already know, the prices are quite reasonable now. Not to fuel the fire any more but I do have to add that Leelands Lingenfelter car is nasty. I've driven it, and the 542 could easily pull away from my typical ROE Supercharged 10 second GTS. I do not doubt for a second that it has the potential to trap 140+ on a good run.:headbang:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with these threads is people that have ABSOLUTELY NO VIPER NA RACING EXPERIANCE are commentating about what they THINK it sould run or has run based on heresay.

Actually, some of us were at the events these cars ran at and know them well.