What leather care products do you use on your cars?

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at leather care products again.. I have been using the mother's system and have been happy with it, I guess I am just wondering if there is anything better out there?

Some of the guys on the lambo site have recommended the following:
http://leatherique.com/products.htm
& Autoglym from http://www.autopia-carcare.com/cockpit.html

Anyone used that stuff?

What does everyone on here use?

Thanks guys.

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use this stuff......

(quote from the web sight)
"GRIOT'S GARAGE LEATHER CARE REPLENISHES VITAL NUTRIENTS
It was a challenge to develop a leather treatment that smelled like leather, replaced vital nutrients, dried clear on perforated leather, and left a non-greasy, supple finish after the final buff. I'm happy to say Leather Care does all of the above and will clean soiled leather surfaces! A highly concentrated liquid that penetrates deep to replenish the natural oils of your leather fibers. Much better than the other greasy, lanolin-based products on the market. Easy to use, and essential for long, supple life of your fine leather. Use sparingly a little goes a long way. Great for newer leather. Best if applied with our Blue Detail Sponge."

Anyone else use this?

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the leather business for 6 years and my dad has been in the business since 1972. We did contract work for companies such as Dooney and Bourke, King Ranch, and Coach. Coach and D&B both used the same commercial cleaner and they would send it to us. I found out that Porsche also uses the same leather cleaner. Most Porsche auto agencies carry this product. It comes in a small black bottle that says (Lederreiniger 100 ml Tequipment). It is not cheap but it works. You would only want to use it on top grain leather and not suede.

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too use Griot’s Leather Care. I’ve kept both a 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 and my Viper leather in near factory condition all these years. No cracks or other signs of age. I haven’t traied others though so I don’t have much to care against.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using the Zaino leather products for years as well, great stuff. Everyone always compliments the "new leather/new car" smell.

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do not want to clean the leather on a regular basis because the friction of cleaning may begin to break down the leather. Only clean when needed. You do need to condition the leather if your car is going to be stored for a while. Especially in the colder months.

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a car that sees "typical" use, how often do you apply the leather products?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine