what should i look for looking to purchase a 94-94 Viper?

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys-

what all should i pay particular attention to when inspecting a 94-95 Viper. I am looking to purchase one, but want to be somewhat maticulous about looking over the vehicle. any trouble-shooting tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

randy
[email protected]

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would ask a local member (preferably a veteran board lurker) to assist personally. The obvious stuff like scratches on the door jams and hood misalignment are easy to see, but there are subtle things only a true viper fanatic would see like wrong year parts (rims from a 96 or a hood from a 92 ect..).

To characterize each any every point to look at would take forever to type up. Best bet - listen to your gut. If you feel something is out of place then walk away and get a pro to look it over.

Many here are always out to help out another (potential) owner...

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randy , things to look for when purchasing a Viper, especially a Gen 1 are as follows: check underneath the engine to see of there are coolant tracks leaking down the sides caused from leaking head gaskets (known problem of Gen 1 cars) check the brake calipers to see if the "RT/10" emblem is brown or discolored (from excessive heat, possibly due to time on track) check the clutch pedal for excessive side to side movement check the color of brake, clutch, PS fluid, check rims and tires for curb rash and wear patterns as tires for these monsters are expensive. I'm sure there are other things to check, but I've drawn a blank. There was an article in the April or May 2001 edition of Road & Track. The article is titled "How good is a Used Viper" There are pages of information on what to look for when inspecting a used Viper. Dan Cragin from the Viper Shop as well as Jay Hebert of the VCA give great information on the subject. If you can 't find the article I can fax it to you later tonight. Hope this helps you out.
-Jonathan

OP
OP
B

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that would be great if you could fax me the article, i cant find it! here is my fax# can you send it to attention: Randy Gilbert
Thanks!

412-497-6280

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang