What size drag radials??

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What size drag radials do the guys running 17 inch wheels run? I'm currently looking at a set of 17 inch back wheels just for drag racing only, but the guy at the tire rack said they only have a 315 BFG. Any ideas or advice?

Colin

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier makes a 335/35R17 drag radial. I've asked before if anyone has run them on here, but got no response. I found them by doing a Yahoo search online and they run just under $200 a tire. I currently run CCW 18"x13" rears with the BFG 345/30R18 and they work pretty well, but run about $300 a tire. I am not the best driver, but I put down a 1.7 60' on a mildy modified GTS (intake/cat-back). I probably have about 80-90 runs on them and they are still going strong (I have probably half that many runs remaining). I keep my stock rims for the street. Let us know what you go with.

OP
OP
L

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Does anyone have any experience with the Hoosier Drag Radials? Any help would be great! Anyone else with advice/ opinions?

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, the hoosiers are the best drag radial on the market I personally believe. 335-17 Hoosier hooks better than bfg and nittos hands down. Personal experience and friends experiences. From 800hp SC/n20 cobras to vipers

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got 18" Nitto drags that I run on the street for my Lightning. I plan on mounting a set of the 335 DR's on my stock Viper wheels for the Viper on the track

--wes

OP
OP
L

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just going to run Drag Radials all of the time on my 18's. I bought the NITTO's also because they are supposed to be the best DR for street use. BFG's are more sticky, but will throw up more debris and they don't take the turns as well.
Friday night I ran them for the 1st time and hit 1.6 60 foot times everytime, and with practice they'll get even lower. They seem great so far.