What the Charger should look like!!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great looking car -- but Dodge is going conservative with a four door sedan -- just a 300 C knockoff. :rolleyes:

:( Pretty sad, what Dodge really needs is a Mustang fighter. Not sure what original Chargers go for now, but maybe that's what people should be out buying to compete with the '05 Mustang....

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a decent charger is going to be 25K for anything worthwile. You could maybe find a 383 car for less but it would be a middle of the road car with that **** of an engine. Plus it won't have a warranty or go around corners like the new mustang can.

The new "charger" is just DC's way of riding nameplates that were once great amongst the nascar idiots who buy it all up.

"That thing got a HEMI" well kinda, just not a "real" one

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car, but doesn't look like a Charger should. Door maybe a little, but the front no and back probably no also. Front looks like a Magnum slanted back. BUT, it looks more like the old Charger than the current sad excuse.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!!

Here's a thought.... With all these awesome internet designers, etc.., why doesn't an auto company promote a contest to help design the next 'whatever'. Drawings and Computer designed vehicles would be submitted, and by popular vote a winner would be declared. I realize designing a new car is not 'that easy', but with turnarounds of 2 years why not? The car pictured above looks VERY doable, although it would need to be raised a few inches.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That schetch looks great, but is totally unproducable.
The wheels are huge, and have no wheel well to travel within. It is so low the car would catch on manhole covers. There is no reward visability, and no one would buy one in that color combination. Goofy looking mirrors, and chrome strips around headlights. Pure fantacy.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
round off the rear roof pillar and it'd be a stunner - the rest of the car has muscular curves but that rear pillar is dang near a straight edge.

as for too low... its a concept... give it air suspension with adjustable ride height - voila!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can look at almost any car lowered from this angle and think it looks good. The rear end would be a diasaster on that car. Sorry, not a fan of that design. I see too many design issues from just about any other angle.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul--I'll see what I can do with the wheels. If anybody has any rim suggestions it be greatly appreciated.

TorqueMonster--I'll round the pillar the best I can. I don't want to do to much with the car only because I didn't come up for the design just what a R/T package would look like.

Ron

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't post this but what the hell!

I keep in contact with many Chrysler Execs sometimes just to send jokes. In most cases when I have sent anything serious like "you guys need to make this" someone out of the 15 or so who get it will generally respond with something such as "not a direction we forsee going in" or "looks great, but would never work" or "you know we can't discuss future products". But when I sent this picture I heard absolutly NOTHING!

What is getting me excited is could this of struck a nerve? Could something like this already be on the drawing board? At the end of the day all we can do is hope, but not hearing anything is actually the best case I could have hoped for!

Keep our fingers crossed!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Paul--I'll see what I can do with the wheels. If anybody has any rim suggestions it be greatly appreciated.

TorqueMonster--I'll round the pillar the best I can. I don't want to do to much with the car only because I didn't come up for the design just what a R/T package would look like.

Ron

You don't happen to have that design in 3D do you? A NURBS model would be great. I would be interested in playing with it.

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't post this but what the hell!

I keep in contact with many Chrysler Execs sometimes just to send jokes. In most cases when I have sent anything serious like "you guys need to make this" someone out of the 15 or so who get it will generally respond with something such as "not a direction we forsee going in" or "looks great, but would never work" or "you know we can't discuss future products". But when I sent this picture I heard absolutly NOTHING!

What is getting me excited is could this of struck a nerve? Could something like this already be on the drawing board? At the end of the day all we can do is hope, but not hearing anything is actually the best case I could have hoped for!

Keep our fingers crossed!

So Steve is Chrysler Execs not saying anything a good thing or a bad thing? I have a feeling the reason why there not responding is because they already have a feeling that their Charger isn't quite as purdy as this one. :p

Makara,
BTW this is the Popular Hot Rodding Charger. Why didn't I notice this before? It's still better than what there going to come out with. I think a low rear end similar to this charger would look pretty sweet.
You must be registered for see images

Same car diffrent color, diffrent angle however it doesn't seem like the same one as above. Maybe it's the angle...

:eek: :headbang:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ain't gonna happen. It's going to be a four door and it's going to look like the stuff we have already seen. The marketing research says two doors don't sell. And the 300C is FLYING off the dealer lots. Just try and use your ambassador coupon to get one of those! So why would DC go for the two door? AND I'm sure that they have looked at the dismal failure of the GTO. Having said all that...I would buy the car at the top in a New York second! Styling sells cars....THAT is why the 300C is flying off the lots and why the GTO is a total flop.

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy either one of the first to shown tomorrow!!! I aggree that the conservative styling is killing cars like the new GTO. Even with 400Hp and hood scoops the GTO is not exciting to look at. My 2 Cents. Thx.