What To Do??? Advise Please

bwagman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for any advise on what I should do with a completely good stock 2000 GTS exhaust. I've had this in my garage for a couple of months now. I've listed it on one forum for sale for like $100, but No takers, I'm contemplating throwing it out this week with the garbage:dunno: I'd hate to do this, but it's just taking up too much space. I'll even give it away for FREE (accepting donations though), but it must be on a pickup. OR does anyone know of a popular Viper parts website where I can list it. I'd rather avoid ebay since I don't want to ship.

Thanks
You must be registered for see images

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, most toss it. When was the last time you knew someone who needed a stock exhaust? Plus it takes up soooo much space.

Good luck!

JD

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ASP MAN is correct if you have the room some were out of the way the stock exhaust will be an item Viper owners tiring to return there car to original condition will be looking for.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would keep it. Im a stickler. I keep EVERY part and I never modify an existing/stock part. I don't care if it's a sheet metal screw or the stock air filters...I keep them all. The exhaust parts are some of the harder and more expensive parts to source if/when you need to get your hands on them. You never know when you may want to go back to stock. It also can help resale value........no kidding.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are just gonna throw it out I'll take it. I've already got one spare but what the heck. Shipping to 33618 should be around $30.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just spent over $900 to get the original complete exhaust system and rear end shipped from the original owner on my 2000. Call me dumb but I think it will make a huge difference some day to take these cars back to original.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very smart. It will pay off to have these things in the long run.

I just spent over $900 to get the original complete exhaust system and rear end shipped from the original owner on my 2000. Call me dumb but I think it will make a huge difference some day to take these cars back to original.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Viper Parts Larry...he might want to buy it. Otherwise, I'd throw it out. If I kept every part I took off cars, motorcycles, etc. over the years I'd need a spare garage bay just to hold them all. Yeah, it might be worth a few bucks down the road but is it really worth it? Odds are you'll wind up selling the car one day and the next owner will not want it.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Viper Parts Larry...he might want to buy it. Otherwise, I'd throw it out. If I kept every part I took off cars, motorcycles, etc. over the years I'd need a spare garage bay just to hold them all. Yeah, it might be worth a few bucks down the road but is it really worth it? Odds are you'll wind up selling the car one day and the next owner will not want it.

This is true.. I had a 1994 Corvette ZR-1, which I saved EVERYTHING for.. Im talking original oil filter,battery,exhaust, EVERYTHING... When I sold it, I did not get 1 penny over "Market Value" for the car.... Will it matter someday? Maybe... Its nice to keep this stuff, but "where" to keep it all becomes the problem..