What to do first?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the info you need is on this board if you search for it. But I know, searching can be a pain.

You didn't say what year your Viper was. I can verify that replacing the rear muffler with X, H, or straight pipes can give you 10hp. Any muffler shop will do it for $150. I did it on my 98 RT/10. Sounds respectable now too. I wish I would have done it right away.

My next move will be hi flow cats.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, get rid of the mufflers on the rear. Got mine done at an EXCELLENT viper tuner, only 75 bucks... MIDAS muffler...

Headers and catback can be had used for a couple grand or new for around 3,500. That should give you another 50 or so HP..

good luck!
Gerald

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short-throw shifter and skip-shift eliminator (the latter only if applicable). Definitely headers, 3" exhaust and high-flow cats (~40 rwhp). Some will say 3.54 gears; I wouldn't! The car makes so much power, even with the 3.07 gears it's hard to hook-up. Besides why compromise such outstanding top speed that is so useful when table top racing.

Good luck and welcome ....

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the K&N's, I did the catback thing with a Snake-Oyl piece that was the same diameter as stock. It's a nice set-up, but you could get it done cheaper as some here have stated. Personally however I would wait and simply pop for a 3" set of headers and catback. I had the Snake-Oyl piece installed for maybe 4 months before changinging over. It all depends on your budget and what you want out of your car. The problem is once you get hooked you find you just can't stop looking for new ways to get more power and performance out of these cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21