What To Replace Side Exhaust Insulation With

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am repainting my side exhaust covers on a 95 RT/10 and would like to replace the bulky stock foil insulation. Would the insulation on newer RT/10's be the way to go or something that DEI has, etc. Looking for recommendations. I would like to use something that is adhesive backed so I can get rid of the rivets.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MAMBA,

Take a look in my photo archive and you'll see the installed Roe insulation mentioned above. Talking to Roe Racing, they recommend that you leave the stock insulation in and then add the wrap as a augment (not a complete replacement). It was a very tight fit (I had to drill new pilot holes for the side sills about 1/2" out from the others to fit), but it was well worth it. The heat was reduced dramatically (the HF cats helped a bunch as well). Good luck.

Frank :usa:

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEI makes a great product with good adhesive. They call it floor and tunnell shield. I've used it on the footwell above my header collectors and its the only thing that wouldn't burn off.

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another thought. You might try DC Performance side sill vents. They let a ton of air into the sills to help cooling. I have a set that i'm going to install. High quality stainless steel with a price to match.