What type of exhaust should I get

crackleking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stock 98 rt/10. Looking to upgrade the exhaust system. I would like recommendations from members on what type to install. I am looking for an exhaust system that DOES NOT sound like a foreign car sound, but one that sounds like an American muscle car. Thank you.

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a '98 RT/10, too, and had the same question a year ago. After some research I ended up getting a Corsa 3" catback System accompanied by some high flow cats (Magnaflow in my case). Main reason for the Corsa was due to being the only system with no drone. Plus, I like(d) the tips by far more compared to other systems. After more than a year I am still very happy with it and would do it again, no doubts.

But one thing I should mention regarding your comment on sounding like an American muscle car. If you have the sound of a '70's big block V8 in mind I have to tell you that this will going to happen with any of the exhaust modifications. The Viper will always sound differently due to the fact, that it is a V10 and uses an injection system instead of a carburetor.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The uneven firing order actually is the problem maker for the sound...

I mounted a roe cat back with high flow cats on my RT/10 and loved the sound, but there was quite some drone and on longer trips earplugs where needed...not doing that again, so now I keep it stock or might try corsa...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few years ago the search police would be all over this. LOL. But the Corsa or IMO the Belanger is really nice for a good healthy sound with quality too. Many owners use Corsa. No Honda sound either with these and very well made along with great fitment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21