What you guys think about this GTS?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a great car, but with 3 days left on the auction, I expect the price to get closer to $60k. Run a carfax if you can to insure its clean. Alot of stuff can happen in 3,000 miles. Also I'd have it checked out by a Viper tech before purchase if possible. I almost bought a low mileage 94' until the tech found nearly $10k worth of problems!!!

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a -96 GTS with 3xxx miles but few cosmetic problems:

1. Tear in the seat (can be fixed though)
2. Rear lower part painted Seller:"accidentally backed into a rock. The damage was quite minor but it did involve repair to the fibreglass/carbon fibre and paint. I am not a trained professional but I never would have known if my father hadn't told me"

I'm looking a lower mileage -96 GTS with or without mod's under $60K and planning to drive it but most likely also keep it for a loooooooong time. Any advice to keep looking or go for this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6209&item=4579659267&sspagename=rvi%3A1%3A1v_home

I'm a bit south of Denver, but if you don't find anyone local, I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though apparently low mileage, this is not a "stock" car and shouldn't be priced as one, imo.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Syclone, didn't you just buy your car a few weeks ago? Man, how could you think of selling it?

I also agree with Ron on this. Its a great car, stock its not and its got a racing package but its never been raced? Possible but raises a few questions. Obviously this is one sweet low mi car and is a bargain (if properly checked out) at $51.5K. Someone just needs to go over the car very closely prior to payment to make sure it is what he says it is.

Another thought: I have not seen the auction, but there is a 96GTS with 9k mi that has not met the $50k reserve and its been on ebay 3 times? Again, I have not seen the auction but read about it here and another thought is if could work the seller of that car (assuming it checks out) for $45k(very doubtful)-$48k(possible), that is another option. Good luck.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJJ: I know you said you are looking for a 96, but here is a car I think you should consider:

2001 Sapphire GTS
2300 miles one owner ( C.H.P. Officer )
Sold new last year so still under factory warranty
Reserve is under $60K
ask for Michael at 800-498-1710, tell him Todd from the VCA refered you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4579420618

Good luck. This will make someone a great car.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"but he did not mention anything about the rear fix before I asked"

That would probably be a deal killer for me. Not disclosing this type of stuff may as well be a lie. What else did you forget to specifically ask him? Ever been stolen, etc?