Whats a 1994 RT 10 Red 8,000 miles worth....

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in todays market? Has top,windows, and cover. What updates and recalls should it have?

Thanks,
Mike

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$28K-$34K is really really high. 8,000 miles is a low mileage car and in that respect, it will fetch a bit more but you can get GEN IIs in the $30K range now; $35K and under easily with just a few more miles if not similar. It would not make sense for a buyer to spend more on a GEN I. To get a fair analysis, look around at the well known sales sites and you will get a very fair price determination. I personally would find it hard to get over $30K, and sell more likely around $25K - $28K.

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy it for $22,000 and maybe less. I will see it tomorrow. I need to see if he has reciepts for head gaskets and any other updates. How much $$ to do the head gasket work?

Thanks,
Mike

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a call into tator would answer that.

i remember dan at viper specialty having a killer deal on the gaskets if you do it yourself

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? if it has not stories then that is a heck of a deal!!! Sad to see them getting close to $20K...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most realistic way to find out is see what it is in GALVES FOR .The GALVES VALUE is TRUE DEALER WHOLESALE (they NEVER use NADA OR KELLY BLUE BOOK )Once you find out adjust accordingly for resale .Ten percent over Galves is doing well in todays market.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most cars are depreciating assests .Even the Ford GT (only a couple of thousand made )depreciates .New i bought a Gen 1 for 54 grand in 93 .If a Gen 1 is now down in the high teens or low 20s i cant see them ever coming up much.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps another value problem (like the old ZR-1 Vetts )is If a Gen 1s motor-trannY goes it could cost (provided you can fing certain parts )half or more of what the car is worth to replace.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps another value problem (like the old ZR-1 Vetts )is If a Gen 1s motor-trannY goes it could cost (provided you can fing certain parts )half or more of what the car is worth to replace.

Trannys are plentiful. Gen I and Gen II are the same. Gen I engines aren't scarce, but they aren't making anymore..................:(

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard top, hard windows, air conditioning seem to make a big difference in value on these. Door poppers and better wheels help too. But $22k for an 8k miles car is a solid deal if the condition reflects the low mileage. The original cars are extremely cool but it will be 8 to 10 years before they start appreciating IMO.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trannys are plentiful. Gen I and Gen II are the same. Gen I engines aren't scarce, but they aren't making anymore..................:(
Yeah but if you have to spend 10 grand motor and tranny on a car thats worth 20 the buyer should realize we are not talking about a 350 Chevy here.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, a black 1994 RT-10 with 8,000 miles was at the Milwaukee Auto Show for sale at $30,000... So that's a good estimate.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It had better have A/C if you live in Tampa. Check accident history. It is rare to see a "non-storied" Gen 1 for 22K.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd spend a little more and get a Gen II.

If you can get a clean Gen I for low $20's or even in the teens.... that seems like a great deal.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shee-itttt...at that price get 2!

To compare, my old Gen. I WITH stories, 80k miles and a handful of mods just sold (and resold) for $21k. Smokin' deal.

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is a steal if it is a non tracked, non wrecked, ac optioned, no paint work car with no other issues......IMHO!!!!!!!!

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked my 94 up last year with 8500 miles for about 24k.

A thing of note is that if the history is not documented, carfax and the like may not be very accurate outside of registrations and such. Back then, many states didn't require reporting accident damage so have someone check out the car

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is this guy bought the car for $17,000 to help a friend of his pay off lawyers in a divorce. The friend was supposed to buy back and never did. This guy has no use for the car and wants to sell. I will meet with him Friday and check the car out.
I checked with Chuck Tator and he informed me what to look for on the head gaskets.
Also I found out where the original owner always took car for service. So I will go to that dealership with VIN and check. I hope to give him his $17,000 back and a little interest. I'll let you know.

Mike

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy it! 8K mi.? Please!, $20-25k but still a good deal if no damage...

GEN 1 is VIPER...

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man... I would almost buy another Gen1 right now just for a parts car. Price out a hood, then the engine...you'll see what I mean.

If you can get an 8k mi Gen1 for $25k (or less) jump on it...before I do!

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is this guy bought the car for $17,000 to help a friend of his pay off lawyers in a divorce. The friend was supposed to buy back and never did. This guy has no use for the car and wants to sell. I will meet with him Friday and check the car out.
I checked with Chuck Tator and he informed me what to look for on the head gaskets.
Also I found out where the original owner always took car for service. So I will go to that dealership with VIN and check. I hope to give him his $17,000 back and a little interest. I'll let you know.

Mike

Hi Mike. I sent you a PM...get back to me when you have time. Thanks...Bob Z.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 95 gen 1 with hard top ac 37 k miles on ebay about six months ago for 21500. It was really nice, I missed it and started looking for anouther afew months later and it seems like 23-26 is more the norm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala