whats it worth to you

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car fox will say the car was in an accident...car is a clean titlke and the front bumper/hood was reoplaced in 2007..car still has Dodge max care warranty..

Someone back into the car in 2009 and again the front bumper was replaced..This kinda stuff you have no control over..

Clean title and car is in great condition..

SLY snake....the dealership caused that blemish on the side and they are sending my painter money to correct it as of today...

The extra paint will be used to fix the underhood blemishes were the 2008 hood was misalighned and rubbed a lil...

I quess their are some 2003's out their with 8K miles that have never been hit ect....But then they dont have what I have so to me it averages out..

isnt max care warranty on a car like this even if it's only till Jan 2011 worth its weight in gold to a potential buyer?????

Thanks for giving me the view of the other side Plum and Slysnake....Your right...

maybe low 40's is exceptable....

Thanks guys

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
isnt max care warranty on a car like this even if it's only till Jan 2011 worth its weight in gold to a potential buyer?????

No, it's worth 3 months worth of warranty. Maybe that would buy some peace of mind, knowing it didn't have a blown rod or something major. But it is not worth much more than that.

Sell it and buy an '08 vert. On Hawaii there's no question.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You asked opinions...

Newer cars go down another 50% in value in another 3 years.. so your guaranteed thats money lost.

With the money you save getting into something newer, which will eventually depreciate more, Keep your current, build the best motor possible, make everything top notch.

Car will be timeless and unique and stronger & more powerful than any factory built one in the future.

Ive been through this many times before.

You can thank me later.

Then again, to do this,you should be relatively close to a damn good viper shop or you may loose sleep.... LOL

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a nice car already....hang tight another couple years unless its something you absolutely must have.

I should listen to my own words more often...LOL

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for giving me the view of the other side Plum and Slysnake....Your right...
Sorry man, I was not trying to be an ass. Glad your getting the paint thing taken care of.

In the end, it's your car, you determine what you think you would be willing to part with it for. My car for instance. I wouldn't take less than 50s for it. But I know no one in their right mind would pay more than 40s. But I don't care because I don't want to sell. So the conflict is not a problem for me. The buyer is always going to try to point out problems to try to get the best deal they can. It depends on how motivated you are to sell it.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car fox will say the car was in an accident...car is a clean titlke and the front bumper/hood was reoplaced in 2007..car still has Dodge max care warranty..

Someone back into the car in 2009 and again the front bumper was replaced..This kinda stuff you have no control over..

Clean title and car is in great condition..

So this car has been wrecked......twice?!

Dump it for what you can...................

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You asked opinions...

Newer cars go down another 50% in value in another 3 years.. so your guaranteed thats money lost.

With the money you save getting into something newer, which will eventually depreciate more, Keep your current, build the best motor possible, make everything top notch.

Car will be timeless and unique and stronger & more powerful than any factory built one in the future.

Ive been through this many times before.

You can thank me later.

Then again, to do this,you should be relatively close to a damn good viper shop or you may loose sleep.... LOL

Let's be serious here. It is an early Gen III. It is not going to be on the up and coming collectability list anytime soon. The don't have the performance of the Gen IV or the looks of the Gen I/II. So the GenIII values have tanked. And the comment "Car will be timeless and unique and stronger & more powerful than any factory built one in the future" just doesn't make sense at all. It already is none of those. Regarding depreciation, you may have a point, but he is talking about a used 2008, not a new car. So the pace of depreciation, which is highest in the first year, is already over its worst. Sorry, don't mean to be rude to anyone who has one and loves them, but I call them as I see them. This is bad advice.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant say I completely agree...being that you can get the gen4 look and interior for 20K cheaper and still have "only" 510 HP is appealing to many people..

Especially guys coming from 436 HP vettes and 350 HP 911's ect...

Honestly I have yet to see a 2008 viper cruising the streets here in hawaii...

ive seen a few 480 HP Gallardos and F430's and a lot of 505 HP c6Z06's....So the 510 HP is still holding pretty strong as far as performance numbers go...

So dont write off the gen3 just yet..

motons and a paxton and you are talking about great handling/most powerful srt's ...

how that will play out in the future I have no idea...But the gen4's have been out around 3 years and we are still only seeing low 600 rwhp max power...

back in 2002 a 02 GTS was much more valuable than a 99 GTS...But what about nowadays...The 99 is capable of makeing more power..people know this and the 99 is considered the best year by many...

So 5 years from now if gen 4's are still only getting say 650 rwhp...And the gen3's are hitting 750 rwhp...How will that play out?

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have an '03 SRT-10, the trade-in is going to be mid 30's, then factor in tax. Set that as your lowest selling point, if you are sure you want a Gen IV. Personally, I drove a Gen IV, and owned a Gen III. I drove the IV to see how much of a difference there was and if I wanted to spend the money. I was blown away by the increased comfort and ride, as well as the power delivery. The IV is smoother and "sneaky" powerful. It was a no brainer for me, also when I got in the Gen IV coupe, the first thing I did was try and put the top down.......Thus, I knew it had to be a Gen IV roadster.

You could always sell the NSX, mod the crap out of the '03, and get a Gen IV hood.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant say I completely agree...being that you can get the gen4 look and interior for 20K cheaper and still have "only" 510 HP is appealing to many people..

Especially guys coming from 436 HP vettes and 350 HP 911's ect...

Honestly I have yet to see a 2008 viper cruising the streets here in hawaii...

ive seen a few 480 HP Gallardos and F430's and a lot of 505 HP c6Z06's....So the 510 HP is still holding pretty strong as far as performance numbers go...

So dont write off the gen3 just yet..

motons and a paxton and you are talking about great handling/most powerful srt's ...

how that will play out in the future I have no idea...But the gen4's have been out around 3 years and we are still only seeing low 600 rwhp max power...

back in 2002 a 02 GTS was much more valuable than a 99 GTS...But what about nowadays...The 99 is capable of makeing more power..people know this and the 99 is considered the best year by many...

So 5 years from now if gen 4's are still only getting say 650 rwhp...And the gen3's are hitting 750 rwhp...How will that play out?

A) It's not just about the difference in HP.
B) Yes, you could mod the 2003 to perform almost as well as the 2008+.
C) As you do B, you lower the resale value of your damaged, repainted, modified 2003. At a minimum, you'll get nothing for the mods.
D) In taking this approach, you are creating an automotive money pit, and narrowing the divide between the money you have invested in the car and the cost of a used 2008+ car. So it is a set up for a "would have, should have, could have" someday.

So if you are considering selling an buying, in my mind it is a done deal. If you can't for whatever reason, you can't. BTW, if you've never even seen a Gen IV on the island, how do you know you can even get one in SSG ??

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be serious here. It is an early Gen III. It is not going to be on the up and coming collectability list anytime soon. The don't have the performance of the Gen IV or the looks of the Gen I/II. So the GenIII values have tanked. And the comment "Car will be timeless and unique and stronger & more powerful than any factory built one in the future" just doesn't make sense at all. It already is none of those. Regarding depreciation, you may have a point, but he is talking about a used 2008, not a new car. So the pace of depreciation, which is highest in the first year, is already over its worst. Sorry, don't mean to be rude to anyone who has one and loves them, but I call them as I see them. This is bad advice.

Just really depends how ******** you are about your cars.

He has a nice mildly modded yellow gen3. A great platform for building.

Hr is already making relatively close to gen4 power and performance.

So how much is $30k more gonna get him with a gen4?
In 2 more years that $30k more he just paid will be $0.

you build a car motor and a few other things top notch, you got a thoroughbred that will will take almost anything on the road....And you will be unique.

A stock gen4 is still an off the shelf item.

and you think the 1st year or depreciation is tough check the value after 4 years especially those who purchased a new gen4.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you do get the gen4 hopefully it is modded already because if it's not just add in another $10-$15k in future mods.

Just admit it....

We are all addicts here.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diapa..I have the following

-2008 hood
-custom yellow pearl paint
-stock rims powder coated black
-rear difusser painted black
-roll bar
-Kn screen with back up camera

-titanium exhaust
-arrow roller rockers
-kn filters
-findanza lightweight fly wheel
-under drive pulley
-no cats
-SCT tune

heres the car with its current 476 rwhp and 512 torque at the wheels

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqiSnTToj4w[/media]

CopMagnet..I had this car shipped from Cali and I will do the same with an SSG coupe

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diapa..I have the following

-2008 hood
-custom yellow pearl paint
-stock rims powder coated black
-rear difusser painted black
-roll bar
-Kn screen with back up camera

-titanium exhaust
-arrow roller rockers
-kn filters
-findanza lightweight fly wheel
-under drive pulley
-no cats
-SCT tune

heres the car with its current 476 rwhp and 512 torque at the wheels

Ok... nice car...my point exactly.

So why is a gen4 worth much more too you?
If its just what you want....ok.
Is it so much better...not.

Depends how much you like your current car...

with $3K in headers & install & reflash & Big TB you will be at
515-520rwhp & 540-550 ft-lbs and you will feel no power difference in a new stock gen4.

Its all about finding satisfaction...
being "ok" with costs and loses.

Your decision.

Being in Hawaii doesnt make the mod process exactly simple.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got an offer of 41k from the guy..it's now or never time..i told him I will think about it and let him no sunday

but I can feel it in my bones that Im not gonna sell it..Even if some of you say Im crazy...

I will talk to my wife about it..I need a 100% aproval from the boss that if I sell it and the nsx Iccan get the 08 ssg coupe before I make any moves..

Diapa...You really hit the nail on the head..I think with a true air intake system instead of just my current filters...long tube headers and a throttlebody plus letting Viper specialty retune my sct to be more agressive with the new mods 500 plus rwhp can be realized....

Still the same mods on the gen4 and 600 rwhp can be realized...

Man what a sickness we have...LOL

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take the 41k and run. sell the nsx and get yourself a gen4. you know you want it. make it happen.

41 is a good price for that car, be happy and run...

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well ok..

So you can sell 2 current cars to get 1 new one or

you can keep 03' viper, put $3k mods in to be equivalent to a grn4

sell an nsx, and with money you save go shop for for a 2nd car replacement.

Maybe a sweet turbo something!!!

I used to own 2 modded EVO's... Very fun cars...
Not as much power than viper but very fun to drive and pound.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got an offer of 41k from the guy..it's now or never time..i told him I will think about it and let him no sunday

but I can feel it in my bones that Im not gonna sell it..Even if some of you say Im crazy...

I will talk to my wife about it..I need a 100% aproval from the boss that if I sell it and the nsx Iccan get the 08 ssg coupe before I make any moves..

Diapa...You really hit the nail on the head..I think with a true air intake system instead of just my current filters...long tube headers and a throttlebody plus letting Viper specialty retune my sct to be more agressive with the new mods 500 plus rwhp can be realized....

Still the same mods on the gen4 and 600 rwhp can be realized...

Man what a sickness we have...LOL

Dude you will never get that offer again imho. Take it and run get the SSG Gen IV. You spend the 3k to get to 515rwhp on your Gen III and you are still behind the Gen IV especially up top. Put 5k into the Gen IV and you will have close to 600rwhp. BTW keep that titanium exhaust for the Gen IV if it bolts up.

Just imagine a Gen IV with the power and weight saving mods you did to your Gen III. It will be very VERY sick.

Dude.....Come on:)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sorry but that grass green is ugly.. hes yellow with all the mods looks better..

i mean they both have the same rear.. the same hood.. and if he sells the nsx he can easily put a super charger on the car.. and 3 year warranty..

no question.. IF YOU NEED MONEY sell the car.. 41k is a good offer..

if your gonna use it to buy another viper? KEEP IT NO QUESTION

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah $41 is good... But if you serious plan on spending $5k on mods on the gen4 that's realisticaly more like $36.

Yeah gen4 are good up top... But it's Just another 500rpm...

Is that really worth it to you or do you just want a newer car.

This entire decision is more about your car performance goals.

New Cars always get better But I believe we are at the point where stock cars are close to getting performance maxed out.

You can continue chasing the newer models and deal with depreciation or you can pick a platform and build it to meet your goal and stay with that for the long term.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The green vert looks no better than my yellow vert...Woudnt trade for a vert...Now the coupe is somthing differant..never had one yet...

So some of you are saying 41K is a good deal?????
me and my wife are still in negitiations..

on a seperate note..Would you belieave I left my cell phone at the gas station and called it 5 minutes later to have this guy tell me he found it their but was no 35 miles away from their and would only give it back to me if I gave him a 100$ reward...

So the guy jacks my phone and then tells me to pay him for it????

I in return say how about you just give me back my phone and then we will see..

he says no one has ever given him anything in this life and he wants the money or I dont get it back..

At this point Im really ********** that somebody would black mail me over my phone and tell him to just give it back to me...

Stupider words have never been spoken on my half but man I was just pissed..Of course he turned off the phone and that was the last I heard from him..luckily he dosent know the code to turn it back on...

What does this have to do with the viper????Well im suppossed to call him back Sunday to let him know my decision but I only had his number on the cell phone..im gonna put a new contact number on craigs list but he's not expecting to hear anything from me till Sunday....So why would he look their?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id tell the guy i was gonna pay and instead knock him the **** out.

you might have a backup assistant on your phone that has your contacts ? call your provider

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if it were on the mainland, id say its worth mid - high 30's.

I agree,,,on a good day,,, to a lottery winner. The economy has many people scared to spend $$$ right now.

jmo

Good luck with whatever you decide....

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MW538g5j0c[/media]

What would anyone else do? Sell it and get a Gen IV... What will Twister do? Convince himself that his car is better and try to convince everyone else the same...

Just like you do with the C6 Z06 and the GTS Viper.

I don't think you ever were serious about getting a SSG.

My 2 cents...