whats it worth to you

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got an offer of 41k from the guy..it's now or never time..i told him I will think about it and let him no sunday

Subliminal message perhaps ... you'll let him NO sunday?

Sell him the car ... or call the cops and tell them he stole your phone :)

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next phase I have purchased 3 vipers in the past 3 years..not to mention a few other sports cars and regular cars in the past 3 years..I am a very serious buyer..If I make this move..I will get a gen4 coupe..SSG if I can find it..

Im happy that you like your GTS..It is a nice car..just not what "I" want after already haveing a gen2 as my first viper.....Great car..I just prefer the srt's...Guess im weird

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Twister, a NEW paxton is only $9K. A Roe Racing Twin Turbo kit is probably about the same price ($13K installed) ... if you're at VOI and can talk into selling one of his TT kits wtihout instal...

You'd never be the same and you'd never go back to "just 5 or 600hp. There's something special about being able to move a switch and make over 900rwhp. I'm even thinking that I'm going to finish hooking up my Nitrous Kit on my 720+ GTS.

You could sell your Gen 3 and spend another $9 K and buy my 2000 Paxton ACR. 26,800mi. 802rwhp. Drives around with 600rwhp, but turns into "fastest exotic car in all of Hawaii" when you turn on the Bottle(?).

Life is full of options. In our Viper World, nearly ALL of our options are FUN.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could even buy a Gen 2 'coupe' with a Twin Turbo feeding a $40,000 longblock that would make over 1,000 bhp for about $70k or so and have one of the fastest cars In the World.

.... or an 08 SSG. I think Willowbrook Chrysler has 3 or 4 SSGs.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The green vert looks no better than my yellow vert...Woudnt trade for a vert...Now the coupe is somthing differant..never had one yet...

So some of you are saying 41K is a good deal?????
me and my wife are still in negitiations..

on a seperate note..Would you belieave I left my cell phone at the gas station and called it 5 minutes later to have this guy tell me he found it their but was no 35 miles away from their and would only give it back to me if I gave him a 100$ reward...

So the guy jacks my phone and then tells me to pay him for it????

I in return say how about you just give me back my phone and then we will see..

he says no one has ever given him anything in this life and he wants the money or I dont get it back..

At this point Im really ********** that somebody would black mail me over my phone and tell him to just give it back to me...

Stupider words have never been spoken on my half but man I was just pissed..Of course he turned off the phone and that was the last I heard from him..luckily he dosent know the code to turn it back on...

What does this have to do with the viper????Well im suppossed to call him back Sunday to let him know my decision but I only had his number on the cell phone..im gonna put a new contact number on craigs list but he's not expecting to hear anything from me till Sunday....So why would he look their?

Well alright then. Sounds like everything is falling into place for you to keep your yellow beast. Poor buyer never had a chance lol.

Honestly cant go wrong with either choice. Like was mentioned maybe just do a entry level turbo or SC kit on your Gen III for 650rwhp and you should be happy.

Believe me I understand how you feel about letting go of a car you bonded with and put time into. Buuut just the thought of having close to those entry level SC/TT power, on motor alone, in a Gen IV would probably sway me were I in your shoes. Down the line you could go all out NA with a DC stage 3 Gen IV package at about 620-630rwhp IIRC. Hope everything works out for you.

Just to be the devil on your shoulder:
IMG_08471.JPG

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 vipers in 3 years...

Where's the satisfaction in that?
Still searching for something missing...
maybe not available through the stock factory market?

Well it may be time to go ******** and build it serious.

Did someone say "bottles"...

Yes, the addiction does go further!

Last edited:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next phase I have purchased 3 vipers in the past 3 years..not to mention a few other sports cars and regular cars in the past 3 years..I am a very serious buyer..If I make this move..I will get a gen4 coupe..SSG if I can find it..

Im happy that you like your GTS..It is a nice car..just not what "I" want after already haveing a gen2 as my first viper.....Great car..I just prefer the srt's...Guess im weird

Yeah, I already know your story as you've posted it 12 times in every forum - even the corvette forums (odd since you hate vettes). I know about the 2 stock Vipers you have wrecked on the highway as well.

Gen IV coupe or Gen IV ACR is the only other Viper that I'd pick up, but I won't sell my GTS for one.

So now that you have sucked us into this train wreck of a thread, what are you gonna do? Let me guess... not gonna sell. Okay mods, let's lock the thread.

k thanx

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep what you have Twister. If your not happy, mod and you will be JMOP. Its a hell of a lot cheaper.
Plus you just busted your balls fixing your headlights, keep that baby :)

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something here, but WHY did you string someone along by saying it's for sale when you really haven't made that decision. You're going to ruin someone's day when he has money in hand and now you want to keep it. Seems to me that should have been your FIRST step...............decide whether it's for sale..........IMHO

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something here, but WHY did you string someone along by saying it's for sale when you really haven't made that decision. You're going to ruin someone's day when he has money in hand and now you want to keep it. Seems to me that should have been your FIRST step...............decide whether it's for sale..........IMHO

My wife is scolding me right now because you wrote the truth..her and I are reading all of this and trying to make a decision..My wife agrees that the economy is bad and 41K seems to be fair...maybey gonna sell to the guy..But no phone...!!!!!!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
41K for a wrecked 03 car??? Take it, you will probably not get that chance again. AbsoluteHank has a pristine 03 with Paxton and dealer offered 31K on trade. Take the offer and run to the nearest dealer with a GenIV SSG coupe.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on a seperate note..Would you belieave I left my cell phone at the gas station and called it 5 minutes later to have this guy tell me he found it their but was no 35 miles away from their and would only give it back to me if I gave him a 100$ reward...

So the guy jacks my phone and then tells me to pay him for it????
Aren't you a Fed? When you meet him take out your badge and gun. lol

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be the one to get arrested if I did that..LOL..

My co workers were all alughing at me..You should have done this and that ect....I know ..I know...But I just got so mad...people these days man...WOW

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of people are laughing at you.....

im wondering if this car was ever up for sale ?

if it is, take that cash and run, there is no way in heck that car is worth 41k, not in pristine condition, let alone wrecked twice and repainted...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum...The carfax is clean and the title is clean and the car is in very very good condition other than the underhood paint..

This is a 10K paint job done by one of the best in hawaii...

I think you are underselling my baby a lil bit...

Your questioning if my car was ever for sale...???? not kool man...For sale here no it wansnt...But the offer of 41 K still stands

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the whole world knows this car was in 2 accidents. one of them was pretty bad. i dont care if carfax doesnt show it, you should be telling this buyer. i had a ram truck totalled and it never shows to this day on carfax and thats why i tell people not to trust carfax.

that paintjob is hiding a twice wrecked car. period. it has some nice mods but its still a less desirable 03. you are on an island which helps a little in price though, i give you that.

trust me i know my car isnt worth diddly either. mine is about a $ 24-26k silver GTS with about 50K into it since i bought it and its practically worthless, i know that. you need to be honest too and realize it.

have you told this buyer it was in 2 wrecks ? did you show them the pics of the wrecks and told him how hard you dragrace this car on a regular basis ???

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plums right!

You need to disclose your car history to the potential buyer kid!

How can you even discuss this potential car sale on this forum and 12 others admitting your gonna close your eyes and walk away!

And your complaining about the dude that jacked your phone. At least he gave you an option...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ill disclose it but again I dont see it that way..how many cars have been backed into and had the front bumper replaced or shidded and hit a wall and had the front bumper and hood replaced and the owner just replaced the hood/bumper...

The bottom line is whats on paper..my car is a clean title with a clean carfax..when he tries to sell he will be selling a clean title clean carfax car..

Your car can look 100% perfect but if their is a blemish on the carfax or title then you lose money...Im not in this situation...

Also Plum..i have to disagree with you...SRT's hold a decent value..the cheapest of the cheap SRT's sell for 36-37K...Av average price seems to be 39-41K...

And a guy here a few weeks ago sold his for 43K...

I will disclose tonight...I got a new phone today and while i dont have his number He does have mine..Ill tell him the hood and front bumper was replaced in 2007 and then the front bumper in 2009...

Since It seems I wont be able to transfer the remaining three months warranty I will reduce the price..

he was begging me for 39K and I kept saying 41K...he then offerred 40 and I told him to take a few days and see if he can find the other 1k

After I disclose if he still wants it (no doubt in my mind he will) then I will go 39K.....Very cheap for a srt IMHO especially with a clean title and clean carfax plus the geographical location...

To me an SRT is an 40K car all day....These people in the 36-37K range..who knows there situation...Even at 39K Im reluctant as Hell...But being that I cant tranfer the warranty ive got to give a little

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the nsx is for sale too...guy checked it out last night....I want to sell both and get a SSG 2008..

The nsx I have no problem letting go what so ever...Im willing to give it away and make very little money..

The Viper on the other hand...even around 40k im makeing quite a bit of change..But thats not even it..Now that the cards are down....im backing out...I havent yet...But im feeling more and more that I will tonight..
Guy already got pre approved ect and is doing the final inspection tonight...He's excited and Im 99% sure he's buying it...

But every time I look at it I feel like a FOOL...These cars are just so special...And even though I feel bad about possibly wasteing this guys time....Im just not sure I can do this...

As well I WAS 100% SURE I WANTED A 2008 COUPE..

but again now that the cards are down im looking at my vert and thinking how much it will **** to not be able to put the top down..

im wondering just how much dose the drive by wire and no low end grunt ****?????

Again Im not trying to sell my car here and I apoligize to the mods if it seema that way...But high 30's or low 40's for an srt10 at this point is just feeling like Im literally shooting myself in the foot for such an amazeing vehicle...

Again could any of you let an srt go for around that much????

I asked the question whats it worth to YOU...And what im starting to realize is that mine is worth much more to me than I thought..

Sorry for the rambling...Just frustrated and I have less than 3 hours to figure this out before he comes

Take your car to AP Engineering and have them make it into a Street Serpent and have them paint it SSG. You get to keep your convertible top and still get the cool looks of the coupe back end (and then some). Best of both worlds.

That's what I plan on doing to mine in a couple years. Not sure what shade of pink I want yet... :lmao: Actually, thinking of a real eye popping royal blue. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the whole world knows this car was in 2 accidents. one of them was pretty bad. i dont care if carfax doesnt show it, you should be telling this buyer. i had a ram truck totalled and it never shows to this day on carfax and thats why i tell people not to trust carfax.

that paintjob is hiding a twice wrecked car. period. it has some nice mods but its still a less desirable 03. you are on an island which helps a little in price though, i give you that.

trust me i know my car isnt worth diddly either. mine is about a $ 24-26k silver GTS with about 50K into it since i bought it and its practically worthless, i know that. you need to be honest too and realize it.

have you told this buyer it was in 2 wrecks ? did you show them the pics of the wrecks and told him how hard you dragrace this car on a regular basis ???

Less desirable 2003????So whats the differance between a 2003 and 2006 vert...Or for that matter a 2003 vert and 2010 vert besides the HP and differential?????

Im just not following this staement...All SRT10 verts are basically the same exact car till 2008....

And even then thats like compareing a 400 HP 2005 LS2 C6 to a 436 HP 2008 LS3 C6...

yea one is a lil better and a lil faster but they are both pretty much the same thing....

As far as the drag raceing..hell we did some drag raceing while on the drive showing him the car..He had 0-60 questions and 1/4 mile questions in wich I happily replied..

0-60 in 3.6 and the 1/4 mile in 11.67 at 122.7 mph at 1000 feet elevation...

There is a buyer for every car....Some people would have been turned off about me telling him I drag race ect. This guy seemed to love that...

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This may sound crazy but I don't wreck my cars LMAO. I don't think it's as common as you think.

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just keep going on and on....

Ha ha ha ha!!!

I feel bad for the buyer.... But honestly I think he will fold.
Reality usually hits a buyer when he can't negotiate a bit with seller...
Either that or every used car salesman should just move to Hawaii.

"Bottom line..." Ah ha ha ha!!!

"What's on paper...." crack me up!

"When buyer sells..." Ah ha ha!!!!

Uh huh....Keep making stuff up to suit yourself....

Last edited:

usurbrain

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hawaii is a whole different animal when it comes to cars... When I worked for Acura, they would talk about people who worked at Pfleuger Acura. Picture this... what you want to negotiate? Go ahead shop us... oh wait.. you have to go to the mainland, and then you have to have it shipped over. It'll be cheaper getting it through us here... No choice but to pay what they want...

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....me and my wife are still in negitiations..

how many times do i have to say this :dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

:D

set up the meet and have a cop go get it - he stole your phone

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a bit extreme... yet rational.

Well, here it is... all layed out on paper and only on the VCA...

Exactly the kinda seller we all here try to avoid.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wrecks were so bad you changed the color of the car........thats more than a bumper swap

if you think an 03 is worth the same as an 06, im not gonna argue. good for you and good luck.

i just hate seeing someone scamming another viper owner and thats whats going on here with this car. you should disclose that inof BEFORE he makes an offer, not when he is about to get financing or pic it up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960