What's that noise!?!???

Turbo50Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s that noise!?!???

I've had my RT for a couple months...And everytime I'd take a friend for a ride, they say they'd hear something 'thud' when I'd go around a slow speed turn. Bullocks, I said - I don't hear a thing.

Well, the other day I was out for a nice quiet ride, and I heard that 'thud' when I took a slight bend. Hmmm...What is it? There is really nothing under the passenger footwell besides the exhaust and I looked at all that stuff when I was doing the lowering springs...Nothing seemed out of wack.

So I do a little more investigating, and I found it. Hidden behind the kick-panel in the passenger footwell - What was it????

Here's a hint, whoever figures it out gets a prize...

"The sea was angry that day my friends! Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli! I got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great beast appeared before me. I tell you he was ten stories high if he was a foot! As if sensing my presence he let out a great bellow. I said 'Easy big fella!' And then, as I watched him struggling I realized something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing I could see directly into the eye of the great fish." (George)
"Mammal" (Jerry)
"Whatever. So then, from out of nowhere a huge tidal-wave lifted me, tossed me like a cork and I found myself right on top of him. Face to face with the blow-hole. I could barely see from the waves crashing down upon me, but I knew something was there. So I reached my hand in, felt around, and pulled out the obstruction!"

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s that noise!?!???

So you can fit at least a golf ball, if not the whole bag in one of these cars huh? :)

OP
OP
T

Turbo50Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you can fit at least a golf ball, if not the whole bag in one of these cars huh? :)

Bingo. But Kramer would be upset, it wasn't a Titleist.

So here's your prize...Pictures of the 'obstruction'.
And this thing drove me crazy. First I thought it was a socket, so I was trying to fish it out with a magnet...To no avail. Until i was able to roll it over and squeeze my fingers in there to feel it, and then I immediately identified it. Had to bend the panel to get it out.

Down the shore, this kind of shot would have gotten the previous owner a free round of minature golf.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
T

Turbo50Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Care to explain how the golfball got there? :)

Here's my best estimation, as I do not play golf.

I went out for a ride one day, and had my cell phone laying on the passenger seat. Just for fun I wanted to do a nice 60 to 0 full brake check. Bam, I hit the brake, and I see my cell phone fly off the seat. No big deal, I figure it's just on the floor.

So I stop, and look. Don't see it...Look a little closer. Not there. Feel under the seat?? Nope. Get out of car, open passenger door, and look ALL over. [******]?? Where did it go? Then I reach up in the foot well, and I feel it on top of the panel.

So I can assume the prior owner was out for a day of golf, probably had to stop short for some reason, and a ball rolled up and scored a hole in one.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A guy and his 2 friends in a Volkswagen break down and ask a nearby farmer if they can layover till morning, the farmer agrees but says you all will have to sleep in different areas (O.K) The 1st guy agrees to sleep with the Hogs, the 2nd with Cows and the 3rd with his 18 Daughters. Next morning the farmer asks, so how you boys feel this mornin? The 1st one says I feel like a freegin Pig, the 2nd I feel like a stinkin heifer the 3rd says I feel like a Golf Ball. Later on his two buddies ask why he felt like a golf ball, he said if you had been in and out of 18 holes you’d feel like one too! Heh Heh Heh

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A guy and his 2 friends in a Volkswagen break down and ask a nearby farmer if they can layover till morning, the farmer agrees but says you all will have to sleep in different areas (O.K) The 1st guy agrees to sleep with the Hogs, the 2nd with Cows and the 3rd with his 18 Daughters. Next morning the farmer asks, so how you boys feel this mornin? The 1st one says I feel like a freegin Pig, the 2nd I feel like a stinkin heifer the 3rd says I feel like a Golf Ball. Later on his two buddies ask why he felt like a golf ball, he said if you had been in and out of 18 holes you’d feel like one too! Heh Heh Heh

Maybe feeling like a golfball was his way of overcompensating his shortcommings? :D

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had the same thing happen to me with my cell phone. It flew off the passenger seat, to the floor and up behind the kick panel. I spent over 30 minutes trying to get it out as it was small and went to the bottom. I was finally able to get it using 2 long screwdrivers to form a wedge and lift it out.

Funny thing was at first I couldn't find it, so I called the phone, and I could hear it ringing, but could not figure out where in the heck the thing went.

Lesson learned: Do not place anything small on the seat if you plan on doing some hard braking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine