What's to keep someone from running mufflers directly from the headers to the...

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's to keep someone from running custom pipes/mufflers directly from the headers to the side exits on the viper? With bullit mufflers would it still be just way too loud? I've got belanger exhaust w/no cats and it's really loud, but I can live with it. I just feel like w/all the extra crossovers and such, and smaller diameter, I'm robbing myself of 30-40rwhp on my s/c setup...Pardon my ignorance, maybe it's just not a good idea, or maybe just no one has done it...Your input is appreciated! Thanks--Andy

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can order the belanger system with or without the cross over. If you don't want the cross over order the cat less and cross over less system.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The Crossovers keep the car quieter.

Removing them will free up some hp, especially with a Paxton. It will also be noisier.

If you are going to do this, the Corsa Track in 3-inch is the quietest and best flowing of the mufflers I've tried.

Dan

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Dan. I've tried just about everything and the 3" corsa track is the best choice. If that is still too loud you can add some bullet mufflers in front of the existing mufflers. Aeroturbine makes some nice quality inexpensive short ones.

While you might be able to fit them before the 90 degree bend after the headers, I'd stay away from putting mufflers there. The foot wells would get hotter and I would think you would get some sort of power robbing turbulence with a set of mufflers just before the bend.

You might PM 2002_Viper_GTS_ACR , he has added in a few of these aero turbine mufflers into his 06 coupe and was happy with the results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1