whats up with car owners who

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
list their car for sale with no real intention to sell (reason for higher price than the current market) then get nasty about it when you ask em to define the asking price and at the same time you make them an honest offer based on history, condition, market value (I know because I just sold the same car aside from color right down to the miles).
After you point out a few things about the history and give the offer they respond with buy a Yaris, (great car for the times, BTW)why are some people just out to waste others time if you have no intention on selling the car don't list it!
This kinda crap ever happen to you?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am embarassed to say I might be guilty of this as well. I went through a phase and thought I was going to sell my Bentley. I listed the car on cars.com, and changed my mind the very next day. My phone rang for like 90 days from very serious buyers...it got to the point where I went from politely apologizing for changing my mind about the sell, to simply saying "I am not sellling the car" and ending the conversation.

So, I guess sometimes people might be putting "feelers" out there, or in my case, simply changing their mind. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
C

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealmaker by your response, I'd be willing to bet the farm you have first hand experience with this sort of immature shallow type who is only out to build up their own ego at the cost of other peoples time with no real honest intention of selling the item thus the high price without the word firm being used and not even an attempt at negotiation just an immature insult to the potential buyer. Must kinda make em feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that thay have something another may want. You must come across this type everyday being a car wheeler dealer like yourself, "dealmaker"

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am embarassed to say I might be guilty of this as well. I went through a phase and thought I was going to sell my Bentley. I listed the car on cars.com, and changed my mind the very next day. My phone rang for like 90 days from very serious buyers...it got to the point where I went from politely apologizing for changing my mind about the sell, to simply saying "I am not sellling the car" and ending the conversation.

Figures. Sounds like something an Obama supporter would do... (soooooo kidding!) :lmao:

Would probably have been easier if you told the people calling that you've already sold the car. This is America. If you change your mind about selling, then that's your right. If you're in the market and take 30 seconds to call just to find out it's not for sale anymore... what's the big deal? Most of us spend more time scratching our b@lls. :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealmaker by your response, I'd be willing to bet the farm you have first hand experience with this sort of immature shallow type who is only out to build up their own ego at the cost of other peoples time with no real honest intention of selling the item thus the high price without the word firm being used and not even an attempt at negotiation just an immature insult to the potential buyer. Must kinda make em feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that thay have something another may want. You must come across this type everyday being a car wheeler dealer like yourself, "dealmaker"

You deciphered all that by his two words? :dunno:

Where are these "chill pills" people talk about?

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they list an asking price and it isn't to your liking no one is forcing you to call them. It sounds like you called about a car, likely out of your desired price range, and offered a significantly lower figure and the seller didn't appreciate it. Not sure, but it sounds more like you were wasting his time as you had no intention of buying the car for anywhere near the asking price.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people may list the car at a higher than market price to see if anyone will actually pay their asking price. They don't have to sell the car, but would if the offer was good enough. So, they list it for $$$ above market price and if someone agrees to buy it at that price, they sale it.

OP
OP
C

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's tough negotiating with someone who doesn't have to sell something.

Thats it right there, negotiate. I don't know how some of you do your car buying but if it does't say FIRM in the ad its open for negotiation and with 7.5 year old tires 2001 acr that will be driven at 140+, a windshield and a clutch slave cylinder that was replaced during the first 700 miles while still in dealer inventory (dealer had their fun with it) then sold it in 2005 for 65,000. Possibly a 100 to 150 shot of spray in the first 1400 miles of the first owner having it and me not knowing whether the tranny and rear end fluids have even been changed let alone the zerks even being greased on a 7.5 year old car with 2400 on the clock you better belive there's room for negotiation. Just how much well I don't have a clue all I got was an immature attempt by the current holder of the title (not in his name) to belittle me after I opened up with what I thought was a start at negotiations, 6900 less than the listing price of 66,900 and asked even with the above being neither here nor there how do you arrive at 66,900, he responds buy a Yaris.
Just kinda seems a bit stupid someone would go through the trouble to list a car for sale
than respond as if their feelings were hurt especially a self proclaimed car dealer? I don't know perhaps he's holding out for the guy who has no clue where the battery is located on a viper and more money than brains and thinks carfax is enough yep, thats the mark for him.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine