Wheel and tire advice and opinions PLEASE

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, ready to make the plunge on wheels and tirs for my 09 roadster. Lots of opinions from the local speed shop guys, but they all want to make a sale, and the #'s are 6K+ so far. this last guy recommended Savini SV9 wheels and Nitto Invo's BUT another source said go with Pirelli P1. (specs on latest suggestion are below). Anybody able to offer guidance please. If you can throw in a pic to help me visualize the wheel on a viper that would be exceptional. Don't mind spending the bucks for the over the top look, but expect to get the best for what i am spending.~~~~~~THE ASANTI'S AND THE OTHER ONES ARE CALL SAVINI SV9. THIS SET WILL INCLUDE RIMS, TIRES, MOUNTED, BALANCED, TIRE PRESSURE MONITER'S, AND INSTALLED ON THE CAR. THE TIRES ARE NITTO INVO'S FRONT WILL BE 275/35R19 AND THE REAR ARE 345/25ZR20 WE ARE SETTING THE RIM SIZE UP 1 INCH FRONT AND BACK. THEY ARE ALL CUSTOM MADE FOR THE VIPER. Both about 6300

IF WE DO THIS SET EITHER ONE WE WILL BE ABLE TO JUST SWAP RIMS AND TIRES ANYTIME QUICKLY. I THINK IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE RIMS YOU SHOULD GO BIGGER.

Reaction score
Bigger is not always better if the wheels and tires are heavier... and the short side wall in the rear will not help with getting the power to the ground on a Viper either, but this is just MHO.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bigger is not always better if the wheels and tires are heavier... and the short side wall in the rear will not help with getting the power to the ground on a Viper either, but this is just MHO.[/quote]

Which means a lot....:2tu:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would stay away from Asanti...too heavy and blingy...HRE,IForged make some nice rims..There are great vendors on this site..Partsrack..Woodhouse..and some individuals that can point you in the right direction and give a great discount on wheels and tires....Kevin

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why don't u just pick up a set of six spokes for $1500 or less and with the rest of the moola install motons
HARVEY_OSBORNE_S_DODGES_040.JPG
HARVEY_OSBORNE_S_DODGES_045.JPG

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our cars produce a lot of power, i feel strongly about function vs bling. Plus in nj it is easy to bend rims.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%. I went with a plus one setup which saved me over 25 lbs of unsprung weight. Using the p-zero 345/25s you actually have a smaller outside diameter than the stock 19 with 30's. Yes you have to be a bit more careful but I have been running mine for 3 years now through the 5 boroughs without a problem.

Our cars produce a lot of power, i feel strongly about function vs bling. Plus in nj it is easy to bend rims.

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Forgeline WX3R competition racing wheels.
Theyre custom colored to match my car- bling and function in one wheel.
Matte black centers with a snakeskin green outer rim shell.
cant wait to see how these look on my car....

You must be registered for see images attach

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We can't either so hurry up!

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh those green wheels are smokin hot, can't wait to see them on the car.

Talk to Jon B at parts rack, he'll give you tons of idea's and his pricing is terrific !!!!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kobi,
I was thinking of doing the same thing but with HRE 546s(6spoke)..or some IForged...6 spokes.....I will wait because I have at least 4 months of Winter left and I want to see how they look on your car...Iam going to go with gloss black centers though..Post some good pics when you have them on....Kevin

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jersey jeff----- I have the pirelli p-zero in a 345/20/20 or maybe its a 345/25/20 but either way i dont think its the best tire in the world for traction. They were an improvement with ride quality over the stock run flats but traction on 70 degree days could be better IMO.
These are forgeline's and the quality was A+.
IMG_0070.JPG

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is just one part of the whole package of killer mods to complete my racecar.
Wait til you guys see the finished product.....

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is just one part of the whole package of killer mods to complete my racecar.
Wait til you guys see the finished product.....

Nice wheels ....... I have the same wheels ( not green ) on another project I'm building now. You can beat the quality of these wheels......... ill be ordering a set this week for my "new to me " 08 Viper.

Looking forward to seeing pics of these installed.

MB

MBPERF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, ready to make the plunge on wheels and tirs for my 09 roadster. Lots of opinions from the local speed shop guys, but they all want to make a sale, and the #'s are 6K+ so far. this last guy recommended Savini SV9 wheels and Nitto Invo's BUT another source said go with Pirelli P1. (specs on latest suggestion are below). Anybody able to offer guidance please. If you can throw in a pic to help me visualize the wheel on a viper that would be exceptional. Don't mind spending the bucks for the over the top look, but expect to get the best for what i am spending.~~~~~~THE ASANTI'S AND THE OTHER ONES ARE CALL SAVINI SV9. THIS SET WILL INCLUDE RIMS, TIRES, MOUNTED, BALANCED, TIRE PRESSURE MONITER'S, AND INSTALLED ON THE CAR. THE TIRES ARE NITTO INVO'S FRONT WILL BE 275/35R19 AND THE REAR ARE 345/25ZR20 WE ARE SETTING THE RIM SIZE UP 1 INCH FRONT AND BACK. THEY ARE ALL CUSTOM MADE FOR THE VIPER. Both about 6300

IF WE DO THIS SET EITHER ONE WE WILL BE ABLE TO JUST SWAP RIMS AND TIRES ANYTIME QUICKLY. I THINK IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE RIMS YOU SHOULD GO BIGGER.

I do wheels on all my rides, I like the look of a larger diameter as well.

One thing to keep in mind when doing wheels and tires....... WEIGHT. I did wheels on my 07 911 tt last year, went with 20's ( stock were 19" ) they looked killer but hurt the overall performance of the car both at lower and mostly at high speeds. I feel this was because the total weight of the wheel and tire was more than the stock units.

I just did a set of lightweight 19" ( stock was 18") on my 08 M3 and the driving performance was noticeably increased. High speeds felt much more precise, the car felt faster and again looked great.

I will never buy wheels for a performance car where the aftermarket options are heavier than stock. Just my 2 cents......

MB