Wheel balence weight placement

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the best place to stick the lead weights was outboard as shouwn for counter balencing but its just tacky looking. I had mine placed on the inboard side of the wheel to keep them out of site. What are my options. Thanks ya'll....
You must be registered for see images attach

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You definitely wouldn't want to put the weights on that outer lip!
They are in the correct place for dynamic balancing. Some spin balancers will allow you to program the number of spokes on the wheel and you have the option to "hide" the weights behind the spokes. Not always the best balance, but an option nonetheless if you don't want the weights to show.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could paint the weights flat black if you want to hide them better. They need to stay where they are positioned in that photo. ;)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a lot of weights, had a similar problem with but the tire guy and 2 others we pushed the tire around the rim (with no air in it) until a better reading was acheived and half the amount of the weights were needed

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the best place to stick the lead weights was outboard as shouwn for counter balencing but its just tacky looking. I had mine placed on the inboard side of the wheel to keep them out of site. What are my options. Thanks ya'll....
You must be registered for see images attach

That does look like crap! :crazy2:
Find someone that knows what they are doing and has the right equipment! The best balancer out there is a Hunter GSP9700 w/road force, which is what I have and with the "smart balance" program, you can match the wheel & tire like Neil said to minimize the amount of weights to be used and hide them behind the spokes.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a lot of weights, had a similar problem with but the tire guy and 2 others we pushed the tire around the rim (with no air in it) until a better reading was acheived and half the amount of the weights were needed

Exactly what I was going to say. Move that tire and check wheel for out of round. That is alot of weight.

OP
OP

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the results of a wheel that has the weights placed on the inside lip. And when you say hide them behind the spokes are they adjacent to the spoke or ON the actual spoke towards the bottom.
I'm thinking adjacent to the spoke so they won't go flying off with all the G's right.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery