tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, potential hot rod wheel above.:D No fenders = more fun.:rolaugh:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read those are BMW M6 fitments.

Clearing the calipers is apparently the problem with concave wheels on the SRT cars. So Gen II cars would look great with their tiny brakes :)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of the HRE P40-S wheels that Tony mentioned in the color I was talking about. Its called Charcoal Grey.

Austin, those are just the regular P40 wheels. The P40-S wheels have a very deep lug area, and details on the sides of the spokes. They also have the drop center behind the spokes, it isn't blended into the backside of the spokes like on the P40.

Here are pics of the P40S wheel

You must be registered for see images attach

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn Tony. The machine work on those is definitely impressive. Once I actually got the brake dust out of the grooves on the spokes, I would just give up and never drive it again!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, those are just the regular P40 wheels. The P40-S wheels have a very deep lug area, and details on the sides of the spokes. They also have the drop center behind the spokes, it isn't blended into the backside of the spokes like on the P40.

Here are pics of the P40S wheel

Sorry. My bad. I just Googled it and went by what was posted. Thanks for the pics and correct info.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a set of ADV1.10 20" for my Z06. Fit and finish was awesome...service was perfect, with early delivery and wheels are very unique.

Last edited:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, finally got my wheel choice narrowed down to two wheels. Ready to pull the trigger, just can't decide which style I prefer. I think they would both be killer on my car. What do you guys think?
The car: 08 black roadster
wheel 1: HRE P40 in brushed or silver paint
wheel 2: ADV1 ADV5 in chrome lip and brushed center (can be seen here) ADV.1 - ADV5

Here's a pic of the P40, wish I could see the ADV wheel on a black viper. Appreciate your input. Tyler

I'd go with the HRE's... not 100% sure, but I believe they are lighter and look aftermarket.

Why pay all that money when they look like stock 5 spoke SRT wheels? I do like the ADV1 ADV5's, but not as much as the HRE's.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lmao you used to bash 360' more than anyone and you bought wheels from Jordans new company lol. Glad service was good I guess he learned a few things.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually - I specifically DIDN'T buy from Jordan directly, just because of those issues. I bought them from a very reputable vendor on Corvette Forums - Wheels Boutique, because I was still wary of the issues - and Jon @ W/B worked with me to ensure a perfect transaction. His rep is outstanding. The product is perfectly made and finished, so...I was either lucky, or someone has improved on their game! How well the wheels will hold out remains yet to be determined, but after 7000 miles on them, they look brand spankin' new with no chipping or finishing problems...so I guess time will tell.

BTW - I never bashed 360...I may have stated that I wouldn't buy from them, but didn't rant about it.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Busa fair enough. Johns service at WB has improved 10 fold since his days selling with Jordan at 360 as well. Glad they are holding up and you had a good experience.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, I've sold a few sets of ADV.1 wheels in the last year. Nothing but excellent service and build times, so far. My contact there is Miguel, he has been somewhat helpful. Just another point of reference.

Tony

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the chrome finish (if you buy them) on the HRE's is better than it has been. I have HRE's on my car and the chrome is terrible. They have little if any coverage in the lug nut depressions and the chrome is coming off of the center sections. No warranty from HRE. Very disappointing considering what I spent.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, as a wheel distributor, I'd never recommend chrome centers on any wheel. For the reason Black Moon stated above. They just don't look as good in person. Only thing I'd chrome is the lip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4