Wheel cleaner safe?

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like after every drive the wheels need to be cleaned. Is the spray on spray off safe for the brakes and the red calipers on my 04'? Or what do you guys do to keep them clean?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soap and water only.

Your wheels are clear coated and cleaners can stain!

Want to ask me, how I know......

Treat them like paint. Wax them. Hit them with a California Car Duster between drives.

Last edited:

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the big packs of microfiber towels from Sams Club. Then use Zaino Quick Car detailer (Z7 or whatever it is) to clean my car and by the time I'm done the towel is pretty wet. I then clean off my rims with that. Throw the towel away go on my way. Knock the whole car out in about 10 minutes and it looks as good as new.

Like Newport said though, I also use a California Car Duster to get 95% of the dust off the car before using the zaino. Only difference for me is I don't use the duster on the rims as to put as little break dust into the car duster as possible. Could always use two dusters for this.

Just how I detail my car.

Jason

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Wheel Wax" works great on all wheels...got mine at Advance Auto Parts. It cuts down on the amount of brake dust big-time.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Eagle One A to Z and never had a problem. Safe on any wheel, and never noticed any staining. Highly rated at Autopia (The #1 detailing forum).

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive used all these pruducts. The best products ive found for the wheels are speed shine from griots for quick detailing, P21s wheel cleaner to wash the wheels, and wolfgangs paint sealnt from pinnicle this product gave me the best shine and protection from brake dust. I found that wheel wax dulled the high polish wheels and collected brake dust more than wolfgang Ive been detailing cars for years everyone should try these ,let me know how it works out

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Newport, some of the spray on spray off wheel cleaner if left on too long will "cloud up" and stain the clear coat finish.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just keep a coat of Zaino Z2p on my wheels and they always clean right up with soap Z7 and water.

PoorBoys Spray and Rinse is a good wheel cleaner but I would NOT use it all the time. I only use it if I have stuff embedded on the wheels and then maintain using the above mentioned method. Wheel Cleaners are generally acid based. :nono: