Wheels not ruined-good ending

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted awhile back that my 06 coupe wheels appeared to have been ruined by a cleaner I used. There was a milky substance that stayed on the wheel and seemed to stay on no matter how hard I tried to remove.

I had a "mobile" wheel guy stop by and he found the stains were actually on top of the clear and spent 2 hrs removing it . He also fixed a wheel scrape on my XLR-V.

The retail shop and the manufacturer of the cleaner jumped in and agreed to pay for fixing the wheels and seemed to be willing to replace them (big $$) if needed.

Good to see someone do the right thing. I would like to think they would have done it even if my email address did not show I am a lawyer, but who knows.

I am going back to doing what I have done for all my Vipers and other cars--using soap and water only to clean wheels. Not worth the chance.:)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted awhile back that my 06 coupe wheels appeared to have been ruined by a cleaner I used. There was a milky substance that stayed on the wheel and seemed to stay on no matter how hard I tried to remove.

I had a "mobile" wheel guy stop by and he found the stains were actually on top of the clear and spent 2 hrs removing it . He also fixed a wheel scrape on my XLR-V.

The retail shop and the manufacturer of the cleaner jumped in and agreed to pay for fixing the wheels and seemed to be willing to replace them (big $$) if needed.

Good to see someone do the right thing. I would like to think they would have done it even if my email address did not show I am a lawyer, but who knows.

I am going back to doing what I have done for all my Vipers and other cars--using soap and water only to clean wheels. Not worth the chance.:)

Happened to me on my GTS and now I also, only use soap and water.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the milky appearance on prior vehicles, wasn't sure of the source. Currently I spray with Black Magic Wheel Cleaner and wash off, seems to work fine.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Would you mind sharing which wheel cleaner you will never use again?
I use only P-21s and have for 20 years and nearly that many automobiles.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing which wheel cleaner you will never use again?
I use only P-21s and have for 20 years and nearly that many automobiles.

I made the mistake of using Castrol's Purple cleaner to wash my AC Cobra's aluminum intake and wheels. It wrecked the intake manifold by oxidation and stained the wheels bad. Took hours to polish the wheels back. The container says 'not for aluminum' but who reads that? I only use Simple Green now for everything. Engine to interior. I even use it as hand cleaner and just sprayed my greased up shirts spots before washing them. Spray the shower down with it, too!! Dang should have been a Simple Green salesman.:2tu:

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made the mistake of using Castrol's Purple cleaner to wash my AC Cobra's aluminum intake and wheels. It wrecked the intake manifold by oxidation and stained the wheels bad. Took hours to polish the wheels back. The container says 'not for aluminum' but who reads that? I only use Simple Green now for everything. Engine to interior. I even use it as hand cleaner and just sprayed my greased up shirts spots before washing them. Spray the shower down with it, too!! Dang should have been a Simple Green salesman.:2tu:

you wanna be really surprised? wash your windshield with simple green, adn hell put it in your washer fluid resevoir, depending on your wipers though it may leave bad streaks on the part teh wiper does not hit... now that i think about it, just wash your windshield with it, scratch the whole resevoir thing

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put a good coat of paint sealant like Zaino Z-AIO or Z2p on your wheels and Soap (Z7) and water is all you will ever need to keep them looking great. I always try to stay away from acidic wheel cleaners. But in the event you need one PoorBoys Spray and Wash is a pretty good one. Only use in cases where you need to on your daily driver not your Vipers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte