Wheels or exhaust?

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exhaust--no doubt. Us old timers who had the Gen 1s with those God awful wheels could not get them off soon enough when the decent looking 96s came out (though they had issues)

IMO, all Viper wheels since Gen 2 have looked fine, though I do drool over HREs from time to time. Give me a Corsa over wheels any day.

Cobra Comander

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more of a wheel guy, so I'll say wheels first. Wheels make a car, but the Viper's a Viper so either way your up +100.

Thhe wheels are pretty sick though, how much? And does anyone have pics with those wheels installed? Otherwise they'fe just wheels, until you can see what they look like installed, you'll know what decision to make.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have said wheels. I think wheels make the biggest difference on how a car looks. Plus they are more expensive so it's nice to get that done with first I think.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exhaust does make the car sound as good as it looks. But, Im a huge fan of wheels. But with wheels, you definately have to lower it. So start with exhaust and save for wheels and lowering.

I agree Mike, I'ma slave to a set of **** rollers too!! But sheesh coils are a pretty penny huh? (I dont use springs, so those are not even a option)

I think I would do suspension / tires before exhaust. It would be a shame to hear that glorious, furious exhaust and then see the car sliding off the face of the earth!! lol

OP
OP
L

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going with the belangers I was going to do both but ended up buying another project. I'm going to call jon monday so hopefully I can have it on by the weekend. Another site I'm on is having a shootout at a local 1/4 track. I'll be the only viper there so it atleast has to sound good haha. I'll try to get some videos of it to next week with the exhaust if I can figure out how. Next I'll go ahead with the heads and cam I'm wanting to keep it N/A just to see what I can get out of it. We'll see how it goes though hopefully I'll be satisfied. Kind of hard to do it all at once with the baby on the way she'll be the first so I'll be learning alot hopefully I can do as good as my parents. Never thought I would ever say that one haha. Incase you guys are wondering about my other project it's just a fox body mustang but I'm wanting to do the 03/04 cobra engine swap. I have to many things goin on and not enough sense to keep to one haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery