When will we see the 2013 viper?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason we won't see anything until the eleventh hour, is that it still takes Dodge 3 years to get from model to production. The importers who copy would have the car in production a year or so before Dodge, albeit with a V8.

Maybe they should hire a better Patent Attorney. Just saying. :D

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet, or should I say hope, that we see a glimpse of it in a bold Dodge Superbowl Commercial.

If I was in Dodge Marketing Imagineering, I'd save it for the 2011 SB, with sight and/or sound of the Gen V, and a catchy phrase like; 'Coming Soon...For Those Who Dare'

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... If Dodge is not going to market the hell out of the car, then the price should not jump up insanely, for a car that will only be selling max around 3,000 copies per year.

As the new GEN V will have to be more PC due to government regulat

However, if the car has a lot of carbon fiber (body panels) like the VOI11 mockup it will be much more expensive, think $150K+, look at the current ACR carbon fiber pieces for "pricing guidance" (wing, splitter "skin", canards...) try pricing out those as spare parts. Now imagine entire body panels or maybe the entire skin in Carbon Fiber.

I won't even mention the current inflationary pressures the federal reserve is putting on the dollar, that could easily drive prices much higher.

Dollar for Dollar my bet is $150K, hope I'm wrong, but, if it is high there will not be as many trading in their cars.

Where do you get 3000 copies a year? I think that happened once (2003) - close but not sure if it actually hit 3000. Maybe you are on to something there. 1000 Vipers and 2000 "baby Vipers" (V8s or V6s).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery