Where did the "08 Viper debut at NAIAS" go?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Where did the \"08 Viper debut at NAIAS\" go?

As opposed to the most enthusiastic Corvette fans, I'm not anticipating that the Corvette SS (Blue Devil) will be the super lightweight, Enzo killer that it's predicted to be. I see it being closer to just a regular Corvette (targa and convertible models) but with a supercharger added, and selling for closer to $80K but without the exotic materials.
I think that it will share the Z06's And XLR's aluminum space frame, and have lighter wheels, but the added supercharger/intercooler and associated bits it should weight the same as the base C6 Corvette. And I do think that the power will be around 600HP with a weight around 3300lbs.

Ironically, with ASC McLaren's CF Viper body panels and tuning the '08 Viper will probably have a similar power to weight ratio.

I'm just eager to hear an official confirmation of the upcoming Viper's power jump and weight loss.
That would give the Viper it's long overdue push back up the high performance car ladder. :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Amen, Snakester

k4site

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DC 3rd quarter loss of 1.46 billion dollars and you think they are worried about the 08 viper !!!!! I think not

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've always been on the side that the Z07 will not be built/doesn't exist.
How many people are going to buy a $100K+ Corvette? And how many of those are going to buy a $100K+ Vette with a ten to twenty thousand dollar mark up? I'd be willing to guess not to many people.
What do we have to go on so far? Speculation as far as I know. A photoshop of a C6R, and a "spy shot" of a Vette that could just be a tuners new induction system, or something else not related to a production car? To me it all seems like speculation.
We do know there will be a 2008 Viper, it's been bought and paid for already by Dodge, but *as far as I know* there is no word from the GM camp on the Z07/Blue Devil. So until GM says something offical, I'm calling Bull S***.

Just my .02
LOL I think the Z07 will happen, I do not beleive 2900lbs is possible while adding a blower etc. Absolutely everything would have to be carbon fiber and that would cost way too much.

FYI LOTS of people have bought the current Z06 in the 90k range, so you dont think those same people wouldnt upgrade? I beg to differ. In fact it's STILL hard to find a Z at MSRP.