Where/How to mount XM/Sirius ant. on GTS? PICS?

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering where and how you mounted ant. for XM/Sirius on your GTS?

I don't want to drill anything.......

Has anyone tried leaving ant inside headliner? ? as our cars are not metal?? ?

PICS/thoughts/ideas..
Thanks

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look in my pics for the mounting of the antenna.

i ran my wires under the sill,up into the dash. no cutting at all. my roady is double sided taped to the dash and has been for 2 years with no problems.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed Sirius in my GTS. The tuner sits right by the ash tray and the antenna works good mounted on the dash by the security alarm light. Very clean look. Sorry no pictures yet.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
I just added mine to the 02 Tahoe Z71 a few days ago. The Sirius uses a magnetic antenna of which was easy for me to install on the Tahoe, but u would have to add a thin layer of double sided tape to the antenna and stick it on the dash like YouWish did :) I love listening to whatever i want and no Wal-Mart edited music.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll try to get you some pics, but for know I can tell you that I mounted my XM antenna to the top of my rear glass. There is metal under the glass and the antenna sticks poorly. So I used some black (Black being the best color of coarse) duct tape to make sure it stays put. Works like a charm.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Sirius and my antenna is wired under the carpet and comes out in the back sitting on the carpet in the hatch back under the glass (plus, I have my windows tinted). If I had the mount the antenna outside of the car, I wouldn't own sat. radio.

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, glad to hear it works on the "inside".
I suspected it may be okay with our composite panels.
NO DRILLING/NO CUTTING,,,beautiful!
THanks

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJT97GTS, i thought the same till i saw the size of my antenna. its the smallest one made. sits on the balck part of the glass and most people dont even notice it

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJT97GTS, i thought the same till i saw the size of my antenna. its the smallest one made. sits on the balck part of the glass and most people dont even notice it

I hear ya! But the thing is, I would know it's there and that's what bothers me. I don't know what I would do without my Sirius, it's great!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4126All_Pictures_3-22-03_088-med.jpg

You will never notice it. Most people, if they see it think it is part of the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960