Where should I start with trying to cool the cabin?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have made up kits that will insulate the inside of the Vipers cabin and keep it cool enough to be able to drive barefoot. if you are interested send me a PM.

Robbie

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just remembered that I also installed vents that are availble at any boating store, and are made of stainless steel, into the rear of the front tire wheel wells. I first cut holes thru to the muffler area and then installed the vents. As there is already openings in the rear of the side sill area this helps keep cool air flowing inside the the side sills. This easy mod helps keep the exhaust running cooler. These vents are round flat 3" diameter vents availble at any boating outlet store. If interested PM me for details on buying this item.

Robbie

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the vents i spoke of the the ones on the hood, and the heat comes not through the heater/a/c vents but around the windshield and windows.

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie: I kept no record of the exact degree of cooling achieved when the aluminum plate was removed; however, as stated, the difference was very noticeable especially when driving in traffic at slower speeds. Just run your car as-is and then feel underneath the car to the plate area. The plate both prevents airflow to and from the area it covers and also acts as a heat-sink, trapping the heat and forcing it up into the passenger compartment.

Thanks,
Lynn

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robbie: I kept no record of the exact degree of cooling achieved when the aluminum plate was removed; however, as stated, the difference was very noticeable especially when driving in traffic at slower speeds. Just run your car as-is and then feel underneath the car to the plate area. The plate both prevents airflow to and from the area it covers and also acts as a heat-sink, trapping the heat and forcing it up into the passenger compartment.

Thanks,
Lynn

That makes sense, but why did DC put it on the Vipers? I'm thinking rigidity and aerodynamics. Not sure I’d remove it.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Move to alaska...

Get the corsa track exhaust...problem solved....but NOTHING will help in humid weather....you'll loose water weight..not a bad thing

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<That makes sense, but why did DC put it on the Vipers? I'm thinking rigidity and aerodynamics. Not sure I’d remove it.>

Andrew: If I'm not mistaken, the plate is there as an aerodynamic aid to keeping the airflow smooth and correct at very high-speeds (150mph+), as are the vertical "strakes" at the rear of the car. It's removal shouldn't harm the car's handling at lower speeds.
Thanks,

Lynn

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<That makes sense, but why did DC put it on the Vipers? I'm thinking rigidity and aerodynamics. Not sure I’d remove it.>

Andrew: If I'm not mistaken, the plate is there as an aerodynamic aid to keeping the airflow smooth and correct at very high-speeds (150mph+), as are the vertical "strakes" at the rear of the car. It's removal shouldn't harm the car's handling at lower speeds.
Thanks,

Lynn

Things that make you go hmmmmm

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been known to dip into the throttle just a bit. It stays on... There are better ways to get the car cooler than to remove parts that are there for a reason.

My $0.02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc