where to buy paxton supercharger kit?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most people dont live near a "Good' Viper tuner. So , buy from Superchargersforless.com, save some money and install yourself or have a local tuner that is listed on Paxton website install it.
Id always recomend buying the DLM tensioner and cooler. Helps out alot, its a extra $950 for both from DLM. Doug is great, works closely with Paxton and will answer any questions you have during the install. Or just call paxton direct. They are nice guys.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the install is just under $3K with the oil, filter, dyno time and hauling it in an enclosed trailer to and from the dyno so the car is not in danger. We also stand behind ALL our work and if needed come and get the car from wherever is needed to repair it. All this cost money to be able to promise things and deliver. I could cut the cost way down and tell you you were on your own but I don't.

Also if there are every warranty issues I can usually help there also which most people cannot say. Bottom line is I believe we sell a valuable service and products for a fair price in order to be here for you in the end, nuf said.

Thanks for your support over the years I really do enjoy working with the Viper community.

Ok, I'm going to say this, and quite frankly, I'll be my usual self and pretty much not give a rats ass if I hurt anyones feelings. So here goes.

I CHALLENGE you all to go buy your bottem basement Paxton S/C kits and the after installation or even during it, call Paxton and ask those Jack-azzes for help. You'll get close to NONE.. I absolutely HATE paxton for their support and ability to put together a package that ACTUALLY comes with everything you need to get it working right the first time. What paxton DOES do well, apparenly is support their VENDORS... as they see them as the real bread and butter, not us 'one offs.'

How do I know this? I DID the DIY kit, and go back 4-6 years and see if you can find a lot of people who did it BEFORE me... you wont. What happen??? After about 2k miles, the motor went kaboom... You know what paxton did? Told me the were very sorry.. and your on your own....

Fast forward years later, and I hear about how much better the paxton kit is for the gen 3s vs the gen 2s.. HOWEVER, I am NOT willing to risk another blown motor that I have to leverage a relationship with a viper tech to get covered if it fails again. So I stay outta the game. Then I start hearing of all the guys buying new vipers with paxtons right from woodhouse, AND woodhouse actually WARRANTIES AND stands behind their work.

I figure thats about as good as its going to get.... I make the call.. I get the car and paxton all together.. and then... well I break stuff, I have issues with stuff.... and the Guess WHAT ???!!

WOODHOUSE COMES AND GETS THE CAR EVERYTIME AND FIXES EVERYTHING.... what am I outta pocket for??? MORE MODS.. because if they covered the paxton system so well, I figured what the hell, lets extended that great warranty to a TON of other mods!!

TO THIS DAY, I WONT BUY ANOTHER VIPER OR MOD IT (CERTAINLY NOT WITH A PAXTON) without WOODHOUSE behind me !!

Enuf said. I did the DIY= Kaboom, and then I did the 'Warranty by Woodhouse'

I hope you keep your 4k+ in savings.. your going to need it when you blow your diff, your tranny your engine.. and your local Dodge dealer says.. "sorry your outta warranty since you S/C'd your car"

Woodhouse for me...

Thanks!

Jon

PS. This wasnt directed at MikeR if thats at all what it looked like... this is direct to people who have NO business DIY with a Paxton and then cry later when it goes kaboom, because all they focused on was the SAVINGS instead of the Experience and Warranty of Woodhouse..

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my Paxton from Superchargers4less, did the install myself. 7000 fairly easy miles with no problems. The biggest problem was putting on the alternator nut. I found the kit and instruction booklet very complete. I know I should have the car Dyno'd but so far no complaints.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with Jon. Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse is first rate and the way to go. He is great to work with and the install was perfect. If Mark charged me for phone calls like my attorney, I couldn't afford to own the car. I'm sure there are other good installers but I can't imagine how they could be better than Woodhouse. I've gone the cheap route and learned the hard way - you get what you pay for. Thanks, Doug

stopltracr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all the info. I'd like to have a place like Woodhouse install it for me but I can't justify spending another $3k+ when I can do it myself. I put a Magnacharger on my Trailblazer SS and a Procharger on my C6 so I can handle the install. I just wish that sperchargers4less would have another $6500 deal on the kits :(

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all the info. I'd like to have a place like Woodhouse install it for me but I can't justify spending another $3k+ when I can do it myself. I put a Magnacharger on my Trailblazer SS and a Procharger on my C6 so I can handle the install. I just wish that sperchargers4less would have another $6500 deal on the kits :(

Just curious, can you justify spending 8-10k on a blown viper motor? I can't. So I let woodhouse carry that risk, for a paultry 3-4k insurance policy :) AND I didnt have to bust a single knuckle, I didnt have to learn the little tricks of the trade on how better to do things the NEXT time I install one, etc... Nope the 'extra' 3-4k comes with soooo much more, I couldnt justify NOT spending it.

Anycase, I certainly wish you the best of luck !! And I hope all goes well for ya!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the motor/trans/diff blows up, Woodhouse will cover it? That's impressive...and would be worth the extra money for most.

I'm one of those guys that doesn't care to let anyone work on my car. Last time my transmission broke I bought the parts and fixed it myself ( I have the big warranty too) I don't have to wait for the car to be shipped some where, I won't deal with the stress of waiting for the dealership to approve repairs. And if something happens to the car I only have one person to blame (usually eh MikeR:quack: ??) I do things on my terms and doing it myself is part of the fun for me....kind of like building a model.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and if anyone questions my ABILITY to do the install.. I assure you shoving 400 Cubic Inches into a 4 Cyclinder engine bay was a HELL of a lot harder then the paxton installs:

You must be registered for see images attach

On the inside of its creamy center: 500+ Rwhp, sub 3000 lbs

You must be registered for see images attach

This was back in the 90s... while I was in college.. I have only gotten more compitent since then :) So its not the ability to do the work that bothered me, its the busted parts I would amass along the way. I hedged my bet with a woodhouse backed product!!

Oh and of course, I was a trend setter when I was one of the first DIY paxton installs on in the country on the gen 2's... of course the 'ending with KABOOM' wasnt the desired outcome, but for 2k miles it was a blast.. lol.. (Completely the fault of paxtons fuel delivery system at the time not working effectively to meet fuel requirements, glad I could help them Beta Test).

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not gonna get into my problems with a DIY kit but i can tell you this...ID NEVER DO IT AGAIN. its too easy for me to spend other peoples money but damn its worth it in this case. call DLM or woodhouse !!!

Reaction score
if the motor/trans/diff blows up, Woodhouse will cover it? That's impressive...and would be worth the extra money for most.

I'm one of those guys that doesn't care to let anyone work on my car. Last time my transmission broke I bought the parts and fixed it myself ( I have the big warranty too) I don't have to wait for the car to be shipped some where, I won't deal with the stress of waiting for the dealership to approve repairs. And if something happens to the car I only have one person to blame (usually eh MikeR:quack: ??) I do things on my terms and doing it myself is part of the fun for me....kind of like building a model.

OK this does need a bit of clarification. We try to get things covered under YOUR warranty if something breaks that is NOT directly because of a mod. If you drop a piston down the line then the warranty will not cover it. I may try and help you out with the repair bill if you bring it to me but that has not happened. I will always stand behind our "work" as long as it is not tampered with and causes the problem.

My standing behind you is not carte blanc, but I do everything I humanly can to make sure you are taken care of. That is my promise to our customers with EVERYTHING we do. I guess I have gone to great lengths with a couple customers and that's OK because I know we won't have lot's of it and every now and again that is just what needs to be done to make sure you all are happy with us. It is nice to have the backing of our whole dealership and our resources when we do have take care of someone but that is what we do with all the dealerships customers if we need to. That is one of the benefits of Woodhouse, the commitment to you all through my Techs and myself.

Again thanks for all your support we really appreciate it.

Mark

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of us dont have this concern, cuz we dont know how to put a Paxton on in the first place, and tuning it properly?? fagedaboutit!!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally, when I get power hungry I would buy an 08 in a year or two for 50k like 2 year old cars are selling for now, then add full belanger kit have 675 hp all under factory warranty. Then if your still hungry you could throw a paxton on and then have some serious hp.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Specialty is right. Get a Gen 3 and let Viper Specialty s/c it. For the money you spend, I guarantee you there will be fewer than 1/100 of 1% of all cars on the road capable of holding up to you. A s/c Gen 3 from Viper Specialty w/ a Gen 4 hood is the way to go.

Last edited: