Where to order new 2003

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy,

Do you self a favor and call Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse. From personal experience (2 cars already and waiting for my SRT/10 from him) I can tell you that you will be blown away by his honesty at professionalism !!

Best regards

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would call only Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse, click on the icon at the top of this page. He will be able to get you into one on a reasonable schedule without resorting to second hand flips implied by others. Remember, the owner of the certificate MUST take delivery of the car, so any comments implied by those who have cars on order and wish to transfer them to others for a profit surely indicate that if the certificate owner must take delivery, then the first owner is going to want to be reimbursed for gas guzzler, luxury tax, state sales tax, and some form of profit for himself, and unless he's planning on "jumping title", registration fees also. And the only way out of state sales tax is to jump title, and I don't think a reputable dealer is going to be involved in those games. You would also be the second owner, not the first. Call Pemberton before embarking on a chase for a car that others are attempting to flip for profit or where dealers are indicating through others that they will have extra cars that others wish to flip. As this process evolved early on there were well known dealers attempting to get anyone they could find with a cert. and encouraging the cert. holder to participate in profit sharing schemes to sell off to a second buyer. Place yourself a fresh order, otherwise you are negotiating not only with a dealer but another first owner as well.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post on this site. I have owned 3 corvettes 96,98,01. I think it is time to upgrade. My dealer in Houston says that they are all sold for 2003. Does anyone know where I could order one, or direct me to a past post or link to this info. Are they being sold at sticker or above?

Thanks
Andy

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have some very serious doubts that any 2004 models are truly officially spoken for; maybe a dealer can post as to whether Dodge is already taking 2004 orders prior to delivering any 2003 models??? Check the meter below to be spared the traditional dealer hype---it's pretty unlikely that Dodge has flipped on the switch to take orders for '04 models.

You must be registered for see images

I'd suggest checking with the Dodge dealers that are sponsors of this board including some of the dealers mentioned in prior posts. I had a prompt* delivery experience on an '00 ordered from a local dealer who probably doesn't sell four Vipers a year (though I'm still trying to convince the owner to send someone to Viper School to become a properly trained Viper Tech**) and I recently had a great experience getting my '02 from John Gastman of Roanoke Motors (Viper Club sponsor) in Illinois over 1,000 miles away. Folks like Gastman and Pemberton and a few others can be great Viper resources for you long after you've spent the big bucks with their dealerships.

Good luck.

*I probably had a fairly prompt arrival from a low Viper-volume dealer since I ordered my 2000 during the first few days that orders were actually accepted by Dodge for manufacture at CAAP. Knowing when the order period starts and the method of allocating 2004 Vipers to dealers can be important.

Of course many a wise man has said, "While awaiting the delivery of your Viper, the wait NEVER will be short enough."

**I do wonder how one is allowed to be a "Five Star" Dodge dealer, selling Vipers yet having no official Viper tech to service them?

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad the 2004 was "ordered" from a quality dealer.

My concern was that there could be a number of car dealers that'll make promises, take money, disappoint. There certainly are folks around that have unpleasant Viper ordering or delivery experiences (no, I'm not talking about from the dealers mentioned above). I think that the exceptional Woodhouse, Roanoke, etc., positive buying experiences are not the norm in car buying in this country.

Of course, it might just be that North Florida is a lot more honest place than South Fla!

BTW,
You must be registered for see images
I don't believe I've ever been on the Corvette Forum...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21