Where's Tommy Archer???

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Where\'s Tommy Archer???

I think Cinjo is taking a breather this season...no Vipers in Trans Am...didn't that jag look bad with those stripes...only one car should have stripes like that (maybe 2 if you count Shelbys).

OP
OP

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Cinjo is taking a breather this season...no Vipers in Trans Am...didn't that jag look bad with those stripes...only one car should have stripes like that (maybe 2 if you count Shelbys).

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score

That's too bad. Wish I was in a position to help. Too bad Dodge won't stand up and help out with issues like this, but I do understand why they don't.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you look in the June issue of Sports Car,Cinjo has their 2001 trans am viper for sale.Its based on a prat and miller chasis.They are selling 3 fresh engines,body molds and spares.Why doesn't DC sponsor?Because its not a viper!There is nothing about it that is a viper.Not the frame and chasis,not the engine.Only a vaguely look alike body.These days in trans-am vipers,corvette's,mustangs,camaro's,jags,etc.have about as much in common with their namesake as do winston cup cars. Bruce

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Where\'s Tommy Archer???

Watching Mosport right now on SPEED, and noticed he's not there. Next weekends race at Lime Rock he's not on the drivers list there either.

Anyone know what's going on?

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score

Bad thing is, this leaves no Vipers (or clones) in Trans-Am.

Is Tommy getting one of the Comp Coupes? Anyone know?