Which is the better mod investment?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$1,200 for light weight comp coupe flywheel installed (no, not interested in Fidenza or DC or others)?

or,

$1,900 for StopTech 2-pc drilled rotors all the way around?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would go for the flywheel. The brakes are already world class.Putting two piece rotors on wou;d be more of a poser mod....

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How streetable are aluminum flywheels for cruising around with occasional spirited driving?

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best mod for the buck. (DRIVING SCHOOL $1,500) Can`t believe you missed that one Chuck. ps flywheels are fine on the street and I would pick it over rotors, after the track.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I should list Skip Barber racing school along with my other mods?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best mod for the buck. (DRIVING SCHOOL $1,500) Can`t believe you missed that one Chuck.

Blah. He only gave two options. I figured I'd let Driving School Fred field that one.

Agreed, if you have 2K to spend track it.

Dedicated track wheels will be your next expense. I doubt you wanna scuff up those HRE posers.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Save your money and go with us on the Annual Woodhouse Racing School Trip. It is a three day school, so it is more money, but track time is off scale.

Call me if you want to be included on our list-----just a bunch of crazy Viper owners off to play on one of the Nation's Race Tracks !!!

1-800-889-1893

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save your money and go with us on the Annual Woodhouse Racing School Trip. It is a three day school, so it is more money, but track time is off scale.

Call me if you want to be included on our list-----just a bunch of crazy Viper owners off to play on one of the Nation's Race Tracks !!!

1-800-889-1893

Where is it gonna be this time Mr. ****?

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that every time someone asks about a specific mod, someone else chimes in with the "driving school" answer? If you don't have an answer to the question being asked, don't answer it. How do you know that the person asking isn't already an amazing driver, or hasn't done 100 driving schools yet?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know that the person asking isn't already an amazing driver, or hasn't done 100 driving schools yet?

We don't. That's why it's suggested.

But in this particular case if he was an amazing driver he would have already picked between a flywheel and a rotor.

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that every time someone asks about a specific mod, someone else chimes in with the "driving school" answer? If you don't have an answer to the question being asked, don't answer it. How do you know that the person asking isn't already an amazing driver, or hasn't done 100 driving schools yet?
Because we don`t want to see Dumbasssses like you get killed. :eek:

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know that the person asking isn't already an amazing driver, or hasn't done 100 driving schools yet?

We don't. That's why it's suggested.

But in this particular case if he was an amazing driver he would have already picked between a flywheel and a rotor.

One of my best friends just won rookie of the year in his SCCA division last year, runs within 1 second or less with the top SCCA winners when he is in a bone stock car versus their $20k++ modded cars (same cars), and he can outdrive most people going backwards. But I know he can't pick between those two mods. I don't why you feel that a great driver has to be a mechanic too, but they are not one in the same.

I am not saying that yours (and others') suggestions for driving school is a bad one (especially in a car with this much power and no traction control), but this board seems to be full of people that want to not answer the question being asked, and just want every opportunity to say whatever it is that they want to say.

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because we don`t want to see Dumbasssses like you get killed. :eek:

Gee, that was an amazing come back Mr Neckville, OK! :2tu: I really do appreciate your concern for my life, but it would have been much funnier if you said that you "don't want to see Dumbasssses like" me wreck a perfectly good Viper. :p

PS. If you ever roll your Viper down this way, pick a type of race, any race (drag, auto-x, road coarse, street) and you can see what a non-driving school driver can do with one of these beasts.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my best friends just won rookie of the year in his SCCA division last year, runs within 1 second or less with the top SCCA winners when he is in a bone stock car versus their $20k++ modded cars (same cars), and he can outdrive most people going backwards. But I know he can't pick between those two mods. I don't why you feel that a great driver has to be a mechanic too, but they are not one in the same.

I am not saying that yours (and others') suggestions for driving school is a bad one (especially in a car with this much power and no traction control), but this board seems to be full of people that want to not answer the question being asked, and just want every opportunity to say whatever it is that they want to say.

The first three replies answered his question. What is the appropriate number of replies before any driving school suggestions should be allowed? Let us know and we'll get the mods to program it.

Not to bash your friend but SCCA has about a gazillion divisions. If your friend is at the run-offs at Mid-Ohio let me know. I'll watch for him.

A good driver doesn't need to be a mechanic, but a good driver would know if the car's weakness is brake or acceleration.

Also not meaning to bash Vipermann. It was an honest question. Hope you got the info you wanted. Enjoy your ride. :2tu:

bmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also not meaning to bash Vipermann. It was an honest question. Hope you got the info you wanted. Enjoy your ride. :2tu:

Cool bro, that's all I was trying to get at . . . :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine