ashtray with 6 speed pattern..
ac knobs.. glovebox..

help can't stop!!
love mgw stuff!!!

jim

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had both: MGW Gripper and MGW First Strike. I MUCH prefer the First Strike knob, as it really does feel great in your palm. The "pistol grip" nature is very comfortable and I haven't missed a shift with it yet (stock knob was simply too long of a throw). Either way it is an improvement over stock, but I am glad I upgraded to the First Strike knob personally...

GO MGW!

Chris

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ggc
Are you talking about the shifter shaft and the shift knob,
or just the knob ??
I purchased Autotecnica 3" shift knob, in leather (like stock).
It is Autotecnica part no. 100913, and is a universal fit. Cost about $35.00, and works great.
Later,

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will call george and try the "race" knob.
i have loved the gripper and because of the rave reviews of the other i will give it shot.

thanks
JIM

Wolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, but here is the shifter that I have been using, its available from Ted May at Valaya Automotive so if anyone is interested please visit his shop (Bay area) or his web page

http://www.valayaracing.com/

The shifter is made of Delrin and it stays cool even when the car is parked out in the sun. I have had the shifter for a couple of months (I was the first one to work with the vendor on Viper shifters) and have been very happy with it, it shortens up the shift quite a bit when compared to the stock shifter and with this shifter I haven't missed a shift (3-2 instead of 3-4 gear). Currently my car is in the shop getting the B&M shift kit installed and can't wait to try that combination. There is also another customer who bought this shifter along with the B&M shifter from Ted, so if he is on the net, please give us your feedback.

You must be registered for see images

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the stock round knob that came with my viper but I have to admit that the shaft was way too tall. I unscrewed the knob and took it to my snowmobile shop and cut the shaft 2.5" and then retapped it and screwed it back on. My shifter rests against the black shifter cover now. Before I started there was about 2" of shaft exposed but now there is none. I really like it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant