Who are the youngest people here to own a viper

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was going to ask. It doesn't count if daddy bought your car or pays your other bills.

Good luck getting an honest answer. Those with dad's help with take it to the grave with them. Go hang out with some SMU grads. They are all genius self made millionaires.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tittle should have read:

"Who are the youngest MEN here to own a viper"

This should get rid of half the posts on this tread.

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine at 26, i m 28 now. I paid the car off last year...

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry but anyone who says they bought their first viper or home at age 20 or 21 with their own hard earned money is BS. Not near enough time to establish enough cash or even credit by then to acheive that. I will bet there was some financial assistance involved(trust funds, daddys cash, willed money, etc) which Im not saying its a bad thing. I sure wish my parents could have afforded to help me out. But dont blow out your chest and act like a baller when its not ALL your money. Im just sayin:dunno:

Oh Im on my 3rd Gen3 at 32. Paid cash for my first one(an 04) at 30

OK I just sold my 3rd on this week but I am looking for #4 now =-)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wayne I bought my first house at 22. I was an active duty E-6 in the Navy and my spouse was managing a World Market store while getting her masters. We used a VA loan and bought a modest place around 200K. Best decision I ever made we owned it for 10 years and almost doubled our money on the sale.

I am sorry but anyone who says they bought their first viper or home at age 20 or 21 with their own hard earned money is BS. Not near enough time to establish enough cash or even credit by then to acheive that. I will bet there was some financial assistance involved(trust funds, daddys cash, willed money, etc) which Im not saying its a bad thing. I sure wish my parents could have afforded to help me out. But dont blow out your chest and act like a baller when its not ALL your money. Im just sayin:dunno:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good luck getting an honest answer. Those with dad's help with take it to the grave with them. Go hang out with some SMU grads. They are all genius self made millionaires.

I'm currently an AGGIE & that is so true lol.

viperracer77

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont now about everyone else but it was enough time to build up enough cash and credit to do both. And its a viper not a ferrari, if you buy used there not to expensive. Thats what make vipers one of the best cars out there, supercar performance for a 1/4 of the price.

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont now about everyone else but it was enough time to build up enough cash and credit to do both. And its a viper not a ferrari, if you buy used there not to expensive. Thats what make vipers one of the best cars out there, supercar performance for a 1/4 of the price.

Agreed, granted Vipers aren't priced like Dodge Neons however aren't priced like Ferrari 599's either. Both Gen 1&2's are very well priced. Gen 3's can be had with additional coin but aren't completely out of reach. In addition, my parents could have easily helped me out with my purchase but if I dared ask, the response would have been no. Not because they didn't want to but because the priority was not in a necessity but rather in a "toy".

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was saving for a Viper before I realized that my insurance was going to be through the roof because of 2 tickets I have on my license. Instead, I put some money into the 2003 Mustang Cobra I have now. If I would have stuck to the plan, I would have it by the end of this year at the age of 21.

Working 2 jobs will get you there :2tu: I have the energy now, might as well use it!!!

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who Cares How Old You Are!!! This Has To Be The MOST Childish Thread That Has Ever Existed And Should Be Locked Down.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LMAO lock it down LMAO! I had no idea this thread was so unbelievably offensive.

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who Cares How Old You Are!!! This Has To Be The MOST Childish Thread That Has Ever Existed And Should Be Locked Down.

If it was so childish why did you waste you time reading any of it and leave a comment

Dont wanna burst your bubble but im the one who originally started this thread. Ive payed my own way since i was sixteen and have never borrowed from anyone but the bank. I have have a flawless credit score that i built over time with credit cards and previous vehicles. Im still employed at the same company and now at the age of 24 have my own home. My fiance and i live at my house and are getting married fall 2012. Its not impossible to be finacially stable by my age i continue to work 60 hours a week and pay all my bills on time. As long as you put your heart into it anything is possible.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Viper at 22. Drove 1300 miles up-hill both ways to pick up the SOB and trailer it back. Picked up 2nd Viper at 25. Still don't have a dime to my name, but I have a Viper:)

We have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house on a lake, and a 1000 sqft garage. But I can drive that aroud.

If I were single I would put a hitch on my GTS and buy a pop up, and probably travel the country selling cell phone acc. or something!

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey hey.....I bought my first viper when I was 21...$55,000...(I rememebr Jason Heffner picking me up at the airport when he was in MD) .I put $15,000 down (sold my c5) and then financed the rest over 5 years $810.26 a month.....funny how I can still rememebr that exact payment..O yeah i forgot to mention I lived at home and didnt pay rent :) But i did make the payments.

When i payed off the car i was finally able to afford to move out lol. Any my dad was happy!

And now i have a viper with no payments! And can actually enjoy all the VCA events instead of working the weekends at home depot....

PS I drove the viper to home depot and parked in the loading dock for those 5 years quite often it was pretty funny!

And I have no regrets!:usa:

NE VCA is awesome!
Martin

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey hey.....I bought my first viper when I was 21...$55,000...(I rememebr Jason Heffner picking me up at the airport when he was in MD) .I put $15,000 down (sold my c5) and then financed the rest over 5 years $810.26 a month.....

Im am 21 and in the exact same place right now haha.

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I told my 13 year old son he could have my Viper as his first car. Now I have to buy another one because VOI9 #33 was totalled by my insurance company yesterday. Connor gets a Viper because of all the money I've spent on his older brother makes me feel guilty.

Omega

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 29 years old. I bought my first house at age 22. My first Viper (the only way) to 27 years, my gallardo and my R8 Spyder at 29 ... I work a lot

nodoor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be more interested to see who is the youngest Viper owner to pay cash for their Viper, without having to borrow from anyone. Then tell us what you did to accomplish that goal.

Otherwise, this thread makes me yawn :)

I bought mine last year at 38 years old. 2006 Coupe - used, one owner with 10K miles.

I married at 22, have 3 kids 15, 10 and 8. I bought it with my bonus. I dont own a company or have any trust money. Got a degree, got a job, got an MBA and started working me a$$ off.

I work a "corporate" job.

It's probably the first time in 16 years that I really got something I wanted. I always knew I would save up for something really big instead of getting a little bit each year.

Glad I own, love to drive and cant see me ever not having one.

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually don’t like to post stuff like this, don’t want to seem like some smartass kid. But if everyone else is doing it ill throw my hat in. I bought mine a year ago after returning from my first deployment from Middle East at 21

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually don’t like to post stuff like this, don’t want to seem like some smartass kid. But if everyone else is doing it ill throw my hat in. I bought mine a year ago after returning from my first deployment from Middle East at 21

You are no longer a smart ass kid once you have collected hazardous duty pay. :)

Glad you are home safe and enjoying the fruits of your service.

2002_red_gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are no longer a smart ass kid once you have collected hazardous duty pay. :)

Glad you are home safe and enjoying the fruits of your service.

I was until they shipped me back out! lol Ill be home in 6 weeks after another 7 monther! But hey I bought some goodies this time around to put on when I get back!

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There must be someone out there driving a Viper with a daytime only learner's permit for 16 year olds. I think DMAN has given this thread the respect it deserves.
PAVenomRT/10
I hope to be driving my Vipers into my 90's.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheesh really?

I had my first viper when I was about 6...

and then the following week I had another one...

and then some more...

and some more...

and when I turned 9, I was out of room I didn't know what to do...

But you know what they say, once you start you can't stop!

So I got some more...

Some in red...

Some in blue...

Some are coupes and some are verts...

My last Viper I acquired was a 97' GTS. Poor car was just sitting out in the open, covered in dust with the windows down. I really bargained with the guy that was selling it. He finally caved in and sold it.

I had lost count, I mean my collection of Vipers is HUGE. I made Woodhouse Dodge seem like a used car lot on a corner somewhere in Manhattan.

I mean some of these are extremely RARE. These are Vipers even Chad wishes he could own...

I think when I turned 16 I finally came to my senses...

My room became ALOT smaller and I ran out of shelves.:D

Is the thread over now?

--RS

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!!

Sheesh really?

and then some more...

and some more...

So I got some more...

Some in red...

Some in blue...

My last Viper I acquired was a 97' GTS. Poor car was just sitting out in the open, covered in dust with the windows down. I really bargained with the guy that was selling it. He finally caved in and sold it.

I had lost count, I mean my collection of Vipers is HUGE. I made Woodhouse Dodge seem like a used car lot on a corner somewhere in Manhattan.

I mean some of these are extremely RARE. These are Vipers even Chad wishes he could own...

Is the thread over now?

--RS

OP
OP
S

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sheesh really?

and then some more...

and some more...

So I got some more...

Some in red...

Some in blue...

Is the thread over now?

--RS

HAHA thats a good one. You got my collection beat. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang