Who had the 96 GTS with low mileage for sale

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I read a thread recently about someone who was tired of waxing their GTS and the wife was ******** about it sitting. It was low mileage. Shoot me an email, I am ready to buy it.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I do not remember that thread but I would be interested in reading it. Someone does not like their Viper that much if that is the story.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not selling despite posts to the contrary.
If there is a decently priced B/W out there, and your interested in it, buy it quick or your next chance will be paying 5K more for the same car from BJ Motors. He is buying up every one that comes available, believe me I know. I was interested in two locally here and they were suddenly gone before I could get to look at them. Guess who.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gibson_L-5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not selling despite posts to the contrary.
If there is a decently priced B/W out there, and your interested in it, buy it quick or your next chance will be paying 5K more for the same car from BJ Motors. He is buying up every one that comes available, believe me I know. I was interested in two locally here and they were suddenly gone before I could get to look at them. Guess who.

I believe you are correct, I think he posted that to call the poster on being a serious buyer or wasting everyones time. In my opinion, if you look at any GTS B/W with under 10k miles - clean - it is a $50k car, unless as the poster hoped someone MUST sell. There is really not that many originals left and again, it's my opinion (as well as Bernie - BJ motors and many others) that the original GTS cars are money in the bank and that they are at the bottom of their value.
Limited production exotic cars and original muscle cars have proven to be pretty much recession proof investments.
I am selling mine because I can use the space. It can sit on the lift before I would take less. And if I sell it, I will probably regret it, not just the car, this forum is so much better than FerrariChat or the Vette forum, most all of you guys are knowledgable, stay on track and do not just type because you have time to kill.
So Thanks

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original poster had the thread pulled.
It may have been a bit clumsy in approach, but he was a serious buyer and in fact has purchased one last I heard. I'd say the true time wasters were the people "pretending" to be selling one and chiming in their valueless two cents.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another source of competition......the Canadian dollar for the first time in 37 years is now at par with the US dollar. Sellers up here ask somewhere between $20K to $30K more for Vipers that aren't even close to the condition of some of the US cars because they could get it. Now with our new buying power.......

Look for a lot more cars being bought and shipped up North!!!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you are correct, I think he posted that to call the poster on being a serious buyer or wasting everyones time. In my opinion, if you look at any GTS B/W with under 10k miles - clean - it is a $50k car, unless as the poster hoped someone MUST sell. There is really not that many originals left and again, it's my opinion (as well as Bernie - BJ motors and many others) that the original GTS cars are money in the bank and that they are at the bottom of their value.
Limited production exotic cars and original muscle cars have proven to be pretty much recession proof investments.
I am selling mine because I can use the space. It can sit on the lift before I would take less. And if I sell it, I will probably regret it, not just the car, this forum is so much better than FerrariChat or the Vette forum, most all of you guys are knowledgable, stay on track and do not just type because you have time to kill.
So Thanks
The 96 B/W has always generated buyer interest and will continue to do so as time passes by. Mine is for sale only to raise funds for an 08 just because of 600 HP, no other reason. With all of the attention that the 96 seems to get, I am wondering if I would be better off hanging on to the 96. It would be interesting to look in a crystal ball to see where values will be in 5 or 10 years for a 96 and an 08.

Gibson_L-5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another source of competition......the Canadian dollar for the first time in 37 years is now at par with the US dollar. Sellers up here ask somewhere between $20K to $30K more for Vipers that aren't even close to the condition of some of the US cars because they could get it. Now with our new buying power.......

Look for a lot more cars being bought and shipped up North!!!

Come on down!! Yes the dollar is slammed right now, in 1999 it was the reverse and I purchased my 1968 SS/RS 396 Camaro from a fellow in Montreal, I don't speak french and he spoke broken english but the car was a 10 and we worked the whole thing out and that car has tripled in value since. Montreal is an excellent city a great place to vacation. The importation paperwork wasn't that bad either from Canada to US anyway.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The origional post was pulled at the posters request. I was the one that posted that i was tired of waxing, & watching the car sit in my garage & wife Bitchin. Basically calling him out. I have at times offered for sale my 96 B/W, the last few years. Each time i was trying to sell to bring another car into my collection, and each time i was able to purchase a new car without selling my 96 B/W. I would not sell my 96 for less than 65K, slam me if you want, but before you do remember that alot of 96's have been wrecked, modified, or raced. Each one that meets its unfortunate fate only increases the value of mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So Thanks

So you would take 50 for your car? It is a 97, but 96's are more valuable.

cobramadness

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To clear up any confusion, I did have the thread deleted. For a couple reasons really, but yes in case Frank was serious about selling his ride for around $43k. Didn't want it to turn into a bidding war. I told him that if he was serious to call me, never got a call.

I did buy a 97 this weekend. I'll make a thread with pics soon.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To clear up any confusion, I did have the thread deleted. For a couple reasons really, but yes in case Frank was serious about selling his ride for around $43k. Didn't want it to turn into a bidding war. I told him that if he was serious to call me, never got a call.

I did buy a 97 this weekend. I'll make a thread with pics soon.

Congrats, Cobra and good luck with it.
Get the pic's up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4