Who Has "GEN I" ROE SC System

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Who Has \"GEN I\" ROE SC System

THe bug may have bitten me, now that the Gen I system has been out for a while I would like to hear from any that have gone that route, good, bad or otherwise, please help me spend my money $$$, thanks in advance ;)

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who Has

JWVIPER,

I hope to have some numbers to share in the next few weeks. I know Sean just did a Gen 1 set-up, I think it was 10# pulley, headers, water/****, and was just under 600rwhp. I am going with a 6.5#, stock headers for now, and hoping for 525RWHP to start. Later this year, 10#, headers, 1.7 rockers, and maybe a little nitrous just to keep it interesting.

Sean has had a backorder situation with the Gen 1 units for a while, so if you want to do it quickly, better give him a call.

martyb

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

MartyB, is that your car ?

Id like to see how things work out. I am not the adventorus type nor very hands so I am looking for the bugs to be worked out. It seems the GEN II's are now pretty standard and smooth all around, and I suspect the GEN I's wont be too far off the mark given the learning experience Sean has put into it.

keep me posted, thanks

Lauri, now your pushin me a little far, I would thought youd be telling me to hit the bottle !!!

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JWVIPER,

Not my car, one of Sean's other customers cars. I hope to see my s/c show up in the next few days, then its time to install. Going to have head gaskets done at the same time. Hopefully have numbers soon.

RedEnuf93, I have seen pics of Dan's setup(I think). TT would be nice, but right now it seems to be much, much more $$$ than the Roe s/c.

martyb

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Keep posting the GenI blower stuff. I want to hear some real world #'s from cars that are basically stock with the blower. Is it possible to have a quiet free flowing exhaust with side pipes??

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We dynoe a 96 R/T today with the Roe blower with a 10 lb pulley and water **** with a dry nitrous system with .040 jets. We set the fuel ratio at 12.5 and made 664 rwhp and 765 rw torque. It still drives smooth.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am ready to write a cheque for one of these. Same car as XLR8 mentioned.
Could anyone who has one, please give me some feedback on heat issues and intake and exhaust systems used?

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Heat issues? I am in Arizona and we drove the car around yesterday when it was cool out. Only about 107 and the car temp was around 210 with a 180 thermostat and the rest of the cooling system is stock.
The heads are ported and the exhaust is B&B headers with Roe high flow cats and 3" cat back.
Just so you know the red and yellow 96 R/Ts are faster, the one tested was black and silver.

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the Roe set-up, 6.5 # pulley, Headers, catback, mild head job with T&d's, Crower cam, 70mm tb's. Car made 587 rwhp on 91 octane, with a conservative tune. Did the install myself. Not too hard. No heat issues and I live in Las Vegas.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score

XLR8, from what I've seen the Shelby color 96 R/Ts are the fastest of the bunch :)

I'd love to see some numbers on this too....it's in the back of my mind as well. Thinking about an upgraded exhaust, and adding the S/C. I would hope a stock engine w/6-7# pully should be able to get 500-550rwhp???

Cal

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cal, 550 should be no problem. I have heard of people doing the S/C and exhaust geting over 550 rwhp and I dont think they were even red and yellow cars. I would recomend the water **** system. You can run more timing (and more boost if you want)without detonation, and more timing means more power. You have the same problem that we do with the poor gas that we do. Good luck.

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

This the start of some good information, I am also being told the before and after dyno's with the water **** kits are up 30 - 40 HP, anyone hear this?

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think a totally stock gen 1 with stock exhaust manifold, high flow cats and 6.5# should be in the neighborhood of 500RWHP. I am initially going with stock manifolds, no cats, Roe 3" exhaust and I am hoping for 525RWHP. As I said, I will post my numbers as soon as the car is done.

martyb

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JW, Twin Turbo, For the following reasons:
1. Keep the Yellow/Black Stripe Twin Turbo Consistency
2. Its only money, no guts no glory!
3. Keep the car on low boost when your having a good cigar
or high boost with a good cigar.
4. Its the future of viper mankind.
5. You get a high pitch whine in stereo.
6. You get a high price wine for less when you give the
store owner a ride and do 120 mph burn outs.
Just a few good reasons!

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The gain on the car we did was 45 horsepower with the water ****. It was also on a different dyno, so it is not apples to apples but the difference in temperature should have made it pretty close. The biggest difference was advancing the timing and we also went from a 8# pulley to a 10# pulley. The tune up is also very subjective because we were never pushing the car so it is possible both setups could have performed better. What I mean by that is that we never advanced the timing far enough to get any detonation, and we kept the air fuel ratio around 12.3 to 12.5. Plus it was all on poor Arizona 91 octane pump gas.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score

we kept the air fuel ratio around 12.3 to 12.5. Plus it was all on poor Arizona 91 octane pump gas.

Now you have my attention.

What are you doing to the fuel system besides programming with the VEC2?

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats it. We just kept setting the fuel ratios higher on the vec2. I think they wound up at around 110% at 2500 rpms and up.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys,
lots of good advice all round.
I am thinking of going with the cat delete and the #8 roe.
Everything else is stock, hoping for 525 RWHP from the Mac Viper. Does this seem achievable, or would I need #10.5.
My aim is to get reasonable HP (I am happy with 525) without having to upgrade or alter everything. Really want to keep it as stock as possible. Even the cat delete can be reversed or changed to high flows quite easily if I don’t like it.

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

Ditto on the Info,,

I am thinking of going with the #8 roe.
I would go the water **** route and with already installed Belangers , ROE HF exhaust and Crower ROller Rockers could I expect between 550 - 600RWHP ?

Any thoughts ?

OP
OP
JWVIPER

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

Its a hobby that just doesn't end, trying to gather some facts from those that know.

Any more GEN I's ROE system info out there ??

mnviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sorry to bump an old thread, but do you remember if the hp/tq numbers you refered to (664/765) included nitrous? If they did, what were the numbers on just blower?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog